PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where in EFILive can I adjust the Open/Closed Loop Temp. switch on cold start-up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Where in EFILive can I adjust the Open/Closed Loop Temp. switch on cold start-up?

Is there such a table that can be adjusted?

I'm still familiarizing myself with EFILive in my spare time; what little time I have that is

Thanks!

Old 04-29-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

{b4205}
Old 05-01-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shoemike
{b4205}
Attached Thumbnails Where in EFILive can I adjust the Open/Closed Loop Temp. switch on cold start-up?-cl-temp-enable-2.jpg  
Old 05-01-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

I saw that table before I posted the question but got confused about how to modify it

What would I change to get it to switch at 48* C or ~118* F?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

I'd set it back to stock. Once you load your tune, load a stock tune into the compare feature (folder with red arrows right next to save as disk in the toolbar). Then, you can hit Ctrl+5 to see the stock tune. Copy everything, hit Ctrl+4 and paste it all into your tune.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

By your non-informative post and derrogatory sarcasm one could interpolate that my question concerning this parameter is "unimportant," according to you.

If that were the case, than I was mistaken in making my query on this tech site . . . things have greatly changed over the past 6 years on this Forum . . .

Anyway . . . for anyone else, I'm just looking through EFILive and ALL the tables to see what does what.

I've been so used to, and comfortable with, LS1Edit for the past 6 years that the new program (EFILive) is foreign language to me.

If anyone with viable and helpful input would care to post a reply to enlighten me I would appreciate it

If not . . . no big deal either way

Old 05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The Dragon
I saw that table before I posted the question but got confused about how to modify it

What would I change to get it to switch at 48* C or ~118* F?
If you would like closed loop fueling to occur once the engine coolant temperature is above 48* C, then that's what you set the whole table to. It should look like this.
Attached Thumbnails Where in EFILive can I adjust the Open/Closed Loop Temp. switch on cold start-up?-cl-temp-enable-22.jpg  
Old 05-01-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

By your non-informative post and derrogatory sarcasm one could interpolate that my question concerning this parameter is "unimportant," according to you.

If that were the case, than I was mistaken in making my query on this tech site . . . things have greatly changed over the past 6 years on this Forum . . .

Anyway . . . for anyone else, I'm just looking through EFILive and ALL the tables to see what does what.

I've been so used to, and comfortable with, LS1Edit for the past 6 years that the new program (EFILive) is foreign language to me.

If anyone with viable and helpful input would care to post a reply to enlighten me I would appreciate it

I believe SSpdDmon was referring to my post. The car's currently in OLSD for the AutoVE process and that's the reason the entire table is set to 122* C.

Last edited by Shallow Bay; 05-01-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Whoa dude...no one is out to get you, put you down, or whatever you're thinking. Don't read it wrong. I don't know who this is directed at, but EFI Live has done a good job with their easy-to-use UI...not to mention all of the descriptions for virutally any setting you can change. Search for B4205 and you can see the table that controls the open/closed loop switching. The table is fairly straight forward. For any given IAT, you set the ECT at which it switches from open to closed loop. I suggested putting it back to stock if you're looking to get things back to normal. Others merely gave you the table to do with as you please since (again) it's fairly self explanitory. If that's too much for you to handle, then yes maybe this site has changed too much for you over the past 6 years....and maybe you should go look for help elsewhere.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Where in EFILive can I adjust the Open/Closed Loop Temp. switch on cold start-up?
Is there such a table that can be adjusted?

I'm still familiarizing myself with EFILive in my spare time; what little time I have that is

Thanks!

Back to the original question. I think what the OP is really trying to say or the most important part of it, is in the header. On a cold start up, by definition the NBO2s are not online and the system is in Open Loop. At this point you are at a fork in the road. If you are using a regular GM OS then B3605 Commanded Fueling while in Open Loop which is based on ECT vs. Map is the table to adjust. If you are using a custom operating system then you will need to use A0008 for cold startup modification since you no longer have B3605 and now have B3647 Commanded Fuel vs. RPM.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Doc
Back to the original question. I think what the OP is really trying to say or the most important part of it, is in the header. On a cold start up, by definition the NBO2s are not online and the system is in Open Loop. At this point you are at a fork in the road. If you are using a regular GM OS then B3605 Commanded Fueling while in Open Loop which is based on ECT vs. Map is the table to adjust. If you are using a custom operating system then you will need to use A0008 for cold startup modification since you no longer have B3605 and now have B3647 Commanded Fuel vs. RPM.

Hope that helps.
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I need

I would like to elaborate on my tuning situation:

I've been fortunate enough to be able to fine-tune my set-up as much as possible with Edit considering the Largish MS4 Cam having a .651/.610 lift on a 111 LSA, ported LS6 heads, 1 7/8" Headers, and a 90/90 intake . . . I recently returned 27.78 mpg over a ~300 mile highway trip averaging 94 mph with 3.90 gears; I was between 2500 and 3000 rpm's in 6th gear most of the 2 1/2 hours (there were no WOT romps though)

I usually return a dismal ~12 mpg in the city . . . but I have a VERY heavy foot and go WOT through a few gears on every tank (gotta make sure everything is in working order )

I idle rock-solid at 900, I have no surging, nor dipping after the car is warm with almost no bucking anywhere and my eyes don't burn Driving while the car is warming up still has a few glitches but I'm not concerned, since that's about 5 minutes of the day

All in all, I'm pleased with my fuel economy and civilized driveability (even my Wife drives my car . . . She actually learned how to drive stick on my car)

I just wanna use EFILive's vast resources to see if I can tweak economy to the utmost wherever possible; I don't really need it to "cure" any maladies

Thanks everyone for posting!

EDIT: 3605 is the same table I used in Edit under a different name ofcourse I SERIOUSLY haven't had the time to look through EFILive Thanks Doc!

Last edited by The Dragon; 05-02-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Doc

Hope that helps.
Well there's the problem. You (The Dragon) didn't get the answer you were looking for because you asked the wrong question. For the temp at which your car switches between open and closed loop, the answers above are right. To adjust the AFR during open loop (ie cold starts), you adjust B3605, which provides a base commanded AFR based on RPM and MAP. Glad you found what you were looking for...
Old 05-03-2007, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
Well there's the problem. You (The Dragon) didn't get the answer you were looking for because you asked the wrong question. For the temp at which your car switches between open and closed loop, the answers above are right. To adjust the AFR during open loop (ie cold starts), you adjust B3605, which provides a base commanded AFR based on RPM and MAP. Glad you found what you were looking for...
This is just soooooooo frustrating because I used to have all the time in the WORLD to mess with my car a few years ago

Now my various business ventures take up too much of my time

Whenever I post I'm always rushed because I'm spending internet time on "recreation" instead of business.

My dam# RoadRunner hasn't gone into my car ONCE since I received it and I've had it for MONTHS now

And I had a piece of crap Wideband that crapped out on me long before I could get anything done with it . . . NOW I've gotta buy a new one Just gonna get whatever is top-of-the-line with an A/F display

I reeeeally wish I could devote a solid 2 weeks to all this new so???are . . .
Old 05-06-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Fixed it!

Cold driving is BUUUUUTTER-SMOOTH

I've been procrastinating this fix for years now because it IS just during warm-up.

Anyhoo . . . open-loop is niiiiiice
Old 05-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

That is kick ***! If I was there I would be high fiving ya!

Quick Reply: Where in EFILive can I adjust the Open/Closed Loop Temp. switch on cold start-up?