PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankshaft Position Sensor this morning, then it just.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crankshaft Position Sensor this morning, then it just.......

I had Advance Auto scan it, P0335, then it just went away after driving for about 20 minutes. But a couple days ago when the SES was "on" the car wanted to die and was backfiring like crazy for a about 30 seconds, then cleared up.

Whats the deal, does the Crankshaft Position Sensor fail slowly? One day it works and the other day it doesn't?

And where on earth is the CPS located on the engine, I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited by Quickin; 05-07-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The crank position sensor is located right above your starter. You have to remove the starter to get to it. Check your wiring. Most of the time when someone gets that code it means that the wiring is being burned by the header. I went through the same thing.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmoney
The crank position sensor is located right above your starter. You have to remove the starter to get to it. Check your wiring. Most of the time when someone gets that code it means that the wiring is being burned by the header. I went through the same thing.
Cool. It hasen't come back yet since it went back off after I scanned it. I'm putting a new flexplate on this Saturday so I'll have the starter off and I'll check the wires.

Do you know if the sensor is exposed to oil on the inside of the crankcase? Can they get dirty?

Thanks.