Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLX install pix

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Default PLX install pix

Pics of my PLX wide band install from the GP. Sorry they are crappy.
Attached Thumbnails PLX install pix-wb1.jpg   PLX install pix-wb2.jpg   PLX install pix-wb3.jpg  
Old 05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Location: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a small radio head unit. j/k Looks like you need another gauge or 2 so it's not lonely there. Still trying to figure out where I'm gonna put my plx gauge. How do you like the wideband?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:38 AM
Launching!

How hard was it to hook up? I got one off of the GP too and the instructions aren't that great especially for someone "electrically illiterate" like I am!
Old 05-17-2007, 06:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5
How hard was it to hook up? I got one off of the GP too and the instructions aren't that great especially for someone "electrically illiterate" like I am!
It is easier than it looks. I would have felt better if the power supply plug would had been assembled. Just don't flip out out when it takes a minute to warm and start working. I was like what do I have wrong. Then it started working. If you need any help yell.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AzzHauler
Thats a small radio head unit. j/k Looks like you need another gauge or 2 so it's not lonely there. Still trying to figure out where I'm gonna put my plx gauge. How do you like the wideband?
I'm hoping to fit 3 in there it will be tight. Maybe a trans temp and boost. If I ever get a SC. It comes with enough cable to mount it anywhere. If I had the money I would had picked a pillar pods.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fastlt1
It is easier than it looks. I would have felt better if the power supply plug would had been assembled. Just don't flip out out when it takes a minute to warm and start working. I was like what do I have wrong. Then it started working. If you need any help yell.
Thank You VERY Much for the info and the offer for help! I might just take you up on that!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fastlt1
Hi FastLT1!

I bought the same WB02 as you did and you said that if I needed help to yell! Could I Please pick your brain for a minute or two?

Did you get the gauge too? Does the gauge come on as soon as the power is supplied to it or does the engine have to be running? I ran the WB02 in the ORP and got everything situated there, and then I ran a product called an add a circuit in the fuse block inside my car and grounded it to a bolt next to the radio. It's not doing anything yet as far as I know.

Do you have any suggestions or am I just being impatient and give it about a minute to warm up?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Rob
Old 07-07-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

I am at the point in the assembly where I am wishing that I hadn't bought it.

You need electrical knowledge (what is a termination jumper and is it needed or not, what are these capacitors for and where do you use them, how do you solder a power plug; how do you hook up the analog output?).

I already have a DIY wide band and it works beautifully however its "guts" box is too big for a permanent install. At least the PLX is smaller and go behind the radio.

Questions please.

For analog out: I would normally use a Vout which should be what PLX calls the WB plug and the ground. That should normally give me my signal around the 2.3-2.4V midpoint. I think I see what the NB analog out is but what is 3.3v? Is that a continous reference voltage that is necessary or is that simply to calibrate the device by hooking up a 3.3 V input. Or is that a constant 3.3 V output and if so where do you hook that up?

Using the WB and the Grnd outs would simply allow me to hook that up to the EFILive analog input for my V2 analog in A1...4.

Now I am off to test my rusty soldering skills. I see 4 wires that need soldering for me. Power, ground, WB out(what I would call Vout), and ground out.

Simply understand that "some assembly required" is necessary here.

Perry
Old 07-07-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

It is now hooked up and working well. My tune was spot on according to my old WB and now I can log the permanent WB with EFILive and I am 12.9 at wot, 15.0 at idle and 14.7 at cruise.

Perry

Last edited by pkincy; 07-07-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: PLX install pix