PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rev Limiter for 98 LS1 LS1Edit?!?!?!!??!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev Limiter for 98 LS1 LS1Edit?!?!?!!??!

hey all,
I have a 98 T/A and I tried to raise the rev limiter to 7200 RPM but when I drive it, it won't go past the stock rev. lim.?!?!?! I programmed it twice last night but it did the same thing! by using the LS1edit.
what should I do??? I was thinking about downloading the old file and program it again!
what do you guys think??
any help appreciated
Thanks
Old 04-29-2003, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Rev Limiter for 98 LS1 LS1Edit?!?!?!!??!

I am having the same problem I want to get to at least 6800 but I cant get past 64-6500. If you find out anything email me at tygre3@hotmail.com I wanted to post my ls1edit file so someone could take a look at it but I dont know how in this forum. I downloaded a stock program and I am editing it now to see if that at least gets me past 6500 if it does I will send it to you and you can tweak it.

Good luck,
Old 04-29-2003, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

I had to update everything under Rev-limiters. I changed my the Park/Neutral, Bad VSS, ETC Limit, and I also changed by gear, and by temp. And my rev limit finally incresed. Wow is it weird the first time you tap a 7000 RPM rev limit.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

bro you saved my life I am going right now to try it and see...
Thanks
Old 04-29-2003, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did all of the listed except temp I was told that did not matter but tonight I redid it with the temp factor I will post tomorrow if it works or hell I may have to take a quick late night spin.

Thanks for the tip
Old 04-30-2003, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did all of the listed except temp I was told that did not matter but tonight I redid it with the temp factor I will post tomorrow if it works or hell I may have to take a quick late night spin.

Thanks for the tip
So, how'd it go?
Old 04-30-2003, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It did not work.

Ijustcant rev over 6500 rpms. I read my pcm to see if the changes took and they did so I dont understand I set them by temp, by gear, I have an M6 so I dont need to do anything under the a4 tabs do I?

Anyone with an m6 and a rev limit set over 6500 please email your file to me I would like to compare tables.
Also my mechanic said that I need o2 simms I took the o2 sensors from the rear of the cat and plugged them into my hooker lts I just disconnected the front ones cause they would not reach. How do I delete the front ones in edit and more important will that be sufficient to keep the car running on track.
Thanks,
tygre3@hotmail.com or ssdungeon@hotmail.com
If anyone would please take a look at my file email me and I will reply back with the file. I am going to change the stuff in the a4 section in edit It cant hurt. I will keep you posted on weather or not it worked. And if you get yours going before me man please let me in on what you did email me your address and I will update you if I get it figured out first my autotap will be here next week... maybe it will find the gremlin.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

You NEED the front O2's!!! The rear ones only check to see if the cat is working. The front ones are used to change the fuel trims. I emailed you one of my files that I know works to 7k.

Quick Reply: Rev Limiter for 98 LS1 LS1Edit?!?!?!!??!