Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinci/Crane Cams Powermax vs DiabloSport Predator

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vinci/Crane Cams Powermax vs DiabloSport Predator

I'm wondering which handheld tuner is better and why? Also which one has more features and can be good for upgrades like intake, exhaust, heads, cam, etc.......
Old 06-18-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll get some good feed back on both units.
The Predator is great and supports custom tuning for future mods.
It also gives you the ability to monitor live data and read/erase trouble codes.
Let me know if you have any specific questions about the Predator and what it can do for your car.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

write up i did on the vinci tuner back when i had it for both cars. i've tuned heads and cam on the wife's car.

http://www.stealthram.com/vhptuner.htm
Old 06-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Crane Cams hand held allows you to read and erase codes as well. It also provides a few custom canned tunes as well as giving you the ability to adjust stuff on your own.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

The Vinci/Crane Cams Tuner seems to be simpler to use then the DiabloSport. I could be wrong but the only feature the Diablo doesn't have is the ability to adjusting the ECU for aftermaket cam profile. Something the Vinci/Crane Cams has. Also why is the Vinci/Crane Cams more pricer then the Diablo?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06FRC
The Vinci/Crane Cams Tuner seems to be simpler to use then the DiabloSport. I could be wrong but the only feature the Diablo doesn't have is the ability to adjusting the ECU for aftermaket cam profile. Something the Vinci/Crane Cams has. Also why is the Vinci/Crane Cams more pricer then the Diablo?
Doesnt the Diablo come with a canned tune that they set for you depending on your mods? And then you can tweek it a little bit mfrom there or mail it back to them for re-programming for a different tune?

The Crane Cam one has 4 pre-sets but also allows for adjusting of parameters. Mrr23 had a good write up on it a long time ago.