PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actual HP gains with Predator tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actual HP gains with Predator tuner?

Ya, I searched, but I never found anyone that actually posted a before and after HP number after applying a Predator tune. (someone with just mild bolt-ons)

I know the Hypertec says you gain up to 11 HP and 24 ft/lbs torque

The Superchips Flashpaq claims 15 HP and 14 ft/lbs torque.

(this is going by their posted dyno charts and from what they said on their own forum)

Anyone know what you might actually gain with the Predator using their canned performance tune, running 91 octane with just normal bolt-ons? (lid, catback, possibly SSRA)

I know the other custom tunes are far superior, but I thought one of these handhelds would be a nifty tool to have around.

Thanks.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, there are no huge gains on a stock vehicle, but the nice part of the Predator is that it allows you to adjust several parameters to dial in the tune as you make changes to your setup.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:09 AM
12 Second Club

I did a dyno on my 02 Z28 A4 and hp was 284, Added the canned Predator tune in and jumped up to 307.1 sae rwhp. Same day, same dyno. No other mods or adjustments. Not saying I think this is a normal # since I really think my car dyno'd low, but it made a real difference and seat of the pants feel. So far it is the only thing I have used to tune my car and I feel my times are good for the mods and zero weight reduction. When I added LT headers I dyno'd 319, used the predator and a wideband while on the dyno and was able to pull around another 20 hp out of it.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a dyno sheet from Diablosport for a stock 06 Monte SS - showing before and after.... I've probably got a little more of a gain than what this shows, due to my CAI...
Attached Thumbnails Actual HP gains with Predator tuner?-06_m_c_ss-dynochart.gif  

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Quick Reply: Actual HP gains with Predator tuner?