Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use a Wait4me Mail order tune?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93redBIRDman
I had Wait4Me's tune on my car when I swapped in the cam/headers last weekend, it ran okay, but nothing spectacular. Put it on a dyno the next day to REALLY tune it and got another 30rwhp/30rwtq out of it. Moral of story, a mail order tune is usually good to get you by for a few months, but a DYNOTUNE is where the real power/drivability is at. 30rwhp/30rwtq is a huge increase
For $159 and the fact I don't have a local tuner that can work magic, Jesse did a great job. I was able to have the new PCM waiting to swap out as soon as I fired up my motor. My car drives great, it's very docile and even though it has a 232/234 .600" cam in it, I could let my mom drive it and she wouldn't have a problem. It drives like a stock Camaro with a little bit of lope at a crawl and a lot more poop when you sitck your foot in it. It idels great and doesn't surge or die.

I'd say Wait4me is one of the best values out there.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
How is something running rich impressive... you can make anything fire right up if you fudge the right values... add some startup flare... you can make just about anything "fire right up" and FYI, if its rich, its not idling great... it needs to be retuned...
no, it's driveable and doesnt have a problem idling. i was very surprised.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

i couldnt be happier with jesse's tune.and my ls1 is in a mazda.i just sent him a list of what was done and what i wanted and thats what i got.i will use him again this summer when cam and injectors get installed.no dyno shops here in bumkin upstate ny
Old 12-23-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 93redBIRDman
I had Wait4Me's tune on my car when I swapped in the cam/headers last weekend, it ran okay, but nothing spectacular. Put it on a dyno the next day to REALLY tune it and got another 30rwhp/30rwtq out of it. Moral of story, a mail order tune is usually good to get you by for a few months, but a DYNOTUNE is where the real power/drivability is at. 30rwhp/30rwtq is a huge increase
This is exactly how I feel..

My car is running and is driveable, but it will be much better when I throw it on the dyno..
Old 12-29-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssheets
Which widebands do you recommend for permanent install? That sounds like it may be worth the $. How much better will the car be able to adjust
+1. I have a wait4me mail order tune. Car has excellent drive ability on the street.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wait4me
I change the way the operating system works and the way it uses its sensors and tables.. So the inner workings of most of the tunes i do are different than what a normal shop or tuner wouldnt even remotely understand or be able to do. Any one can change tables. I change the brains of the program.

On a factory pcm with a factory type os, yes, the tune would be limited.

I however give the pcm full range to fix itself. It knows how to monitor spark differently and make an on the fly changing spark set based off of feedback and frequency patterns from knock sensors.. That is why the spark tables dont act the same and are always different if someone logs it. It will fix spark at idle to make the smoothest idle, it changes and will max itself out during light cruising, and it will change it even at wot to make the most calculated torque..

Same goes for airflow. The tune will set itself up and add or subtract airflow to make the smoothest idle. It has infinate control as long as it it mechanically possible and will add or subtract airflow in conjunction with the spark control to make even super huge cams idle smoothly.

Same goes for Fuel correction. My tunes will use o2 feedback even at wot to see the amount of error the o2 sensors themselves are and change all my settings to make them more correct and apply that to the final fueling.

Im sure other shop owners will agree on what i say on the amount of things they have to fix when the cars come to thier shops....

Wait.....

Ok, I am a degreed controls engineer and have been working the hardware and software side of things for about a decade.... just prefacing since you do things that most tuners "wouldn't even remotely understand".

You say that you are re-writing the OS to something different; ie you have the source and a compiler for this setup. Now I want to begin by saying I make this point with much respect to you and what you do, and would like to mention that in the past I have rec'd you to several people in need of mail order solutions. I will allow you to keep what you do secret, though most would demand source being posted as proof but I want you to answer some questions because, frankly, I think this is a big lie.

Tell me the basis for your control schemes to "fix" WOT automatically with NBs. Do tables such as MAF/VE/PE just re-write themselves? How is it that you can claim to even do this with narrow band O2s? Outside of the OS-changes (which I don't believe), you will be the first person ever to have solid WOT tune done by narrowband, much less to have the PCM do it for you.

Idle air trims.... the factory PCM allows for a range of adjustment, but they are slow learning and most tuners know to limit their range and make the actual airflow tables correct. Are we to believe that you have a schema that updates the idle airflow table on it's on? high ITs do not make good consistent idling cars.

I'm not even going into your idea of spark tables here....

Jesse I had a ton of respect for you until I got to this post. Did you just hope no one who was not green behind the ears would read it? Am I wrong, and you can detail schemes or show source bits? What do you edit with? What do you compile with?

How is it in one post you say you start with the latest factory OS updates and cals if you are actually starting with some custom OS you wrote? How can any of this be true considering as well that I touched up 2 of your tunes with HPT and found nothing custom whatsoever in the OS, as it would not have allowed me to reflash if this were the case?

If I am wrong I will make a huge public apology. I don't think that I am though.

Quick Reply: Anyone use a Wait4me Mail order tune?