PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo tune-Anyone know a good internet tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo tune-Anyone know a good internet tuner?

I am having problems tuning my car since my built motor was installed last month. I tuned my other cars with bolt-ons but this is harder than I thought. If anyone is doing tunes for a good price let me know. I have hptuners btw. thanks
-bret
Old 08-07-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 503 Likes on 353 Posts

Either read and figure it out for yourself, or give up. Turbos are not "Mail-order friendly". You either have to put more time or more dollars into your set-up. Short-term, more dollars to have someone else do it will be quick fun, but long term, more personal learning time will net a more rewarding experience.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you open loop or closed loop and whats your power level...its all about fuel and spark...its not that hard to get fuel to the car, just gotta learn what tables the car likes to use
Old 08-13-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definatly dont get a mail order tune from anyone on this, unless they are working with you remotely and seeing WIDEBAND logs and scan logs and you are doing baby steps with it. You spent too much on your setup to blow it up from not doing something with a person that is with your car.

If you have efilive i send you over a tune set up for 2 bar and your mods for free, but it would have to be just a starter and you would have to fine tune it with a wideband using the autove proceedure.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wait4me
Definatly dont get a mail order tune from anyone on this, unless they are working with you remotely and seeing WIDEBAND logs and scan logs and you are doing baby steps with it. You spent too much on your setup to blow it up from not doing something with a person that is with your car.
If you have efilive i send you over a tune set up for 2 bar and your mods for free, but it would have to be just a starter and you would have to fine tune it with a wideband using the autove proceedure.
The main messages are to take baby steps, and pay huge attention to the logs, both open and closed loop. These tools should be considered as acceptable up-front costs, along with all the homework required to learn the tools; the scanner, the wideband, and the edit program (which you already own).
Also, any mail order tune would have to be understood as ball park only, you have to fine tune it for each individual engine.
Since I cannot use either hp tuners or efilive, I have to do all the work with the seriously inferior LT1Edit. I started with a mail order tune, and continually monitored my logs until the closed loop performance was acceptable. Currently working on open loop, and still taking baby steps. But I am a patient person, and willing to take the time in order to get it right, and NOT blow up my engine. It can be done, but it cannot be rushed.