PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start....BCM is "clicking"

Old 08-19-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont start....BCM is "clicking"

I posted this in General Repair, but havent gotten much.

MY car wont start and there is a clicking sound coming from the BCM. I am getting no guage function. The bell that rings when the key is inserted works. The car will not crank at all.

The battery is less than a year old, as is the alternator. Jumping the car will not get it started.

Is there ANYTHING I can do with this thing besides ordering a new one? I really dont wanna take this thing to the stealership to get it fixed.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check fuses. gauges are not related to the bcm.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sreve
check fuses.

More specifically, the red 10 amp "GUAGES" fuse located in the fuse panel between the dash and the driver's side door.

Originally Posted by sreve
gauges are not related to the bcm.
While that's true, they both still use the same circuit. If the "GUAGES" fuse is blown, neither will work.

Last edited by Shallow Bay; 08-20-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Checked and intact.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Had the same problem. Did a process of elimination on the wires coming from the BCM. Pretty rogish but it works. I cut a wire tried to crank, if it didn't make a change I reconnected that wire and tried the next one. Finally on the fourth wire I think it was blue the car crunk. I reconnected while running and it stayed running. I turned it off and it wouldn't start until I disconnected it again. The gauges also wouldn't initalize until the wire was reconnected. Needless to say I didn't have to buy another BCM but I did have to put a switch in between. GOOD LUCK
Old 08-21-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you may have a VATS problem, clean the contacts on your key. Try the simple stuff first. No dash lights come on at all? If you do have lights is your security light blinking?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mine started this yesterday. i was going to a friends when getting off the interstate i hit the brakes the cluster and radio went off and back on... it did it agian about 300 foot down the road but the car seemed to keep running... got in and drove it 2 more times yesterday and everything was fine...l got in the car this morning and nothing no lights radio or anything. put the car in nutral nothing... then the bcm starting clicking it would stop when you put your foot on the break... as soon as you would lift your foot off the break it would start clicking... after doing that a few times and the car staying in nutral i herd the door chime and the fuel pump kick on and the radio came on.. then the car started.... i dont know if this is related or not but my factory alarm dosent work it goes off every 5 min if i leave the shock sensor hooked up ... some one help please
Old 09-20-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

any one
Old 09-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Default starter relay

Check the starter relay (Located in the fuse blocks in the engine compartment). You can swap out the relay with one of the fan relays next to it. See if it starts. If there are no security lights flashing continuously at you while you are getting a no crank, then it is unlikely a VATS problem..... I had a similiar no crank no run problem and it was just the starter relay. Simple thing to check
Old 09-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

This could also be broken wires coming off the ignition switch. This will cause a no crank/ no start concern. You will have to remove the lower hush panel and find a small connector on the right side of column, it will be a yellow/orange and white wire connector. See if you have voltage at this connector. If not you need a new ignition lock cylinder. Hope this helps.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Mine did this exact scenario with the gauge fuse. I would hint towards the key now, have a spare key you can try?

Originally Posted by Shallow Bay

More specifically, the red 10 amp "GUAGES" fuse located in the fuse panel between the dash and the driver's side door.

While that's true, they both still use the same circuit. If the "GUAGES" fuse is blown, neither will work.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that would cause it to keep the fuel pump and everything from working? yea i have a spare key it dose it with both keys but its reall intermittin like it hasnt done it for like a week now... it did it once when i first got the car and it has been a year now befor it started to act up agian i checked all the conecters under the dash and pushed them in the nexst time it happens ill do the relay and fuse thing to see if that is what is causing it
Old 03-29-2017, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by ravensfan
I posted this in General Repair, but havent gotten much.

MY car wont start and there is a clicking sound coming from the BCM. I am getting no guage function. The bell that rings when the key is inserted works. The car will not crank at all.

The battery is less than a year old, as is the alternator. Jumping the car will not get it started.

Is there ANYTHING I can do with this thing besides ordering a new one? I really dont wanna take this thing to the stealership to get it fixed.

my car is doing the same thing did you ever figure out what was wrong?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car wont start....BCM is "clicking"