Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd PCM Question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd PCM Question.

I have a 1999 TA & a 1999 Regal GS. The Regal GS is slightly moded.The PCM was tuned by ZZ performance,who are a very large player in the Supercharged 3800 market. They use HP Tuners & are only 45 min. away from me. I would like a tune for the TA. It has very basic mods, lid & Exhaust.I had went 13.89 on 19" Z06 wheels which I am pretty happy with right now. ZZ said they would be happy to PCM tune the car they just have no files for the car and asked me to research to find one. All I want is a basic tune, firm the shift points & add a little fuel etc. So is there a bin file (not sure about termonology)they can purchase from HP to tune my car or am just better off looking elsewhere for the tune. I hate to spend $500 on a Diablo but that may be what I do. Any input would be great since I am still a newbie with these cars.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 AM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they have HP tuners they can easily download a stock file for the car from the HP website
Old 08-29-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All they would need to spend with HP Tuners is for credits to license the TA. Saying they have no files for your car is a clue to go somewhere else. If you are paying for a tune and that tuner has to start with someone elses file, I'd suggest you use another tuner.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
All they would need to spend with HP Tuners is for credits to license the TA. Saying they have no files for your car is a clue to go somewhere else. If you are paying for a tune and that tuner has to start with someone elses file, I'd suggest you use another tuner.
I agree!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Excellent. Any good tuners in the Grand Rapids MI area? Or am I looking at Detroit?

Thanks