Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help bad !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help bad !!!

Let me start stating I'm a newbie, I have transplanted a 98 SS LS1(approx 30k on it) into a 86 Monte SS. I have autotap and LS1 Edit. I finally got everything hooked up and car started first try. that was a good thing (WooHoo). I have Z06 intake, hooker LTs,true duals(no cross over as of yet) no cats and rear o2's deleted w/edit, Granetti 85mm maf,stocl TB, MTI B1 cam, manley springs, double roller timing chain, hi volume oil pump, Walboro 340 in tank FP. Ok now you know what I have here is my problem besides being really lost w/FI systems.
1st car idles fine, raised it to 800.
I don't see any IAC counts, I took it out and verified that it does move in and out when I turn ign on and off.
DTC's say low voltage to tps. ON atap i can see it move.
never see any knock, Timing hunts alittle at idle averages about 18%, inj pulse width bank 1 4.84, bank 2 4.76.
OK now the right header doesn't get very hot and backfires loud alot( i assume it's dumping fuel into it for some reason)
I can't let it idle to operating temp w/o it backfiring and nearly stalling. Neighbors think I'm hunting rabbit over here in my garage.
I know this is long but I need help, Ive been reading everything on this site for weeks now learning good info. But I am lost. PLease help
Old 05-29-2003, 05:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Need help bad !!!

ttt please help
Old 05-29-2003, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help bad !!!

With the key ON, you should have about 4.5 volts at the orange (or white/black) wire at the TPS connector. If not, you have a problem with the PCM or the wire going from the PCM to the TPS.

Check voltage at the orange/dark blue wire. Voltage should go from 0 to 5.0 in a smooth and steady manner as you open the throttle. If it doesn't, you have a bad TPS.

Then check the TPS ground at the brown/yellow wire and make sure the ground is good. If not, repair the ground as required.

If you are backfiring due to a miss, this is possibly a bad module or coil pack.

P.S. I have had many problems getting ATAP to read IACs and other sensors on an LS1. I recommend getting EFILive. It is free and will work with your ATAP cable. It is just that you need to register if you want to record log files.