PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting up LC-1's to run off stock O2 sensor power connections.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Setting up LC-1's to run off stock O2 sensor power connections.

Hello Everyone,
The past couple of days I was working on wiring up my two LC-1's to run off of the stock O2 sensor power locations. This is what I used to rewire it to run off of them...

Pin A - System ground (where the white and green wires for one LC-1 went, and just the white of the other one went. The second LC-1 didn't have a green wire)

Pin B - Nothing

Pin C - Heater Ground - Blue Wire and the ground wire from the push button and LED went here, and the push button and LED positives went to the black calibration wire.

Pin D - +12V switched Heater Power - Red Wire went here.

I thought I had this all set up properly based on things that I read here, but when I plugged it all in, I was getting a lot of random errors, Such as Error 1, Error 2, Error 8 , and Error 9, combined between the two LC-1's.

When I originally had just one LC-1 hooked up, I had the Green and White wires hooked into the ground of my logging device (in this case Flashscan V1.2) and it worked fine, so I'm thinking that i have the Analog and System ground of one of the LC-1's hooked to the wrong place as well as the System Ground of the other one as well. Do I need to hook all of the System/Analog grounds to the ground of the logging device for both LC-1's?
And second thing, how come my new second LC-1 that I got doesn't have a green wire?
Like I said, I believe that if I hook up those system/analog grounds to the ground of the logging device it should be alright, but I just want to ask here and see what people say first before I tear things apart again.
Oh yea, and what is the bare metallic wire for? I re-wrapped all of my low voltage wires back in the aluminum wrap and was assuming that the bare metal wire was the ground for the wire shielding, is this correct?

Thanks a lot! Best Regards,
Adrian Mejia
Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Geez I also forgot to ask why I was getting the Low voltage errors when I hooked it all together and turned on my vehicle (engine off). Was it because the grounds were messed up? Haha i sound like such an amature
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were me, I'd just use the rear O2's for power, one for each LC-1 and leave the grounding on the heads.
That way you don't cut up your front O2's and can use them for their intended purpose, instead of making your LC-1 do double duty as WB and NB.

Here's how I did mine..

For your's I'd just double up where the grounds are for one, splice it in for another sensor. So you have two heater grounds going to the pass side head, etc..
I spent some time with grounding issues aswell, and read the heads are the best place for grounding.
Went out spent some change at home depot on bolts washers wires and terminals, bolted the grounds up to the heads and all the grounding probs went away.
I've had my LC-1 going strong for over a year now this way.
I don't see why it wouldn't work grounding two the same way.
Just my op.

~T