PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

pcm unused 5 volt inputs

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007 | 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default pcm unused 5 volt inputs

on an 01 pcm what unused 5 volt analog inputs are available? i assume the egr from what i've read. i have removed the air pump system and rear o2s also. i would like to hook up my wideband to 1 and / or a fuel pressure sender to another.

has anyone purchased just a fuel pressure sending unit and tied it into the pcm for logging? if so do you have a writeup on hardware and procedures?

thanks.
Old 09-21-2007 | 10:25 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

http://download2.efilive.com/Tutoria...20Tutorial.pdf
Old 09-22-2007 | 10:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default fuel sender hookup

thanks - thats perfect - how about a source for the female/female connector?

also - what, if any, are the other 5 volt analog sensor inputs available in the pcm? i don't think i want to use the map sensor since the engine is always using it. also i see that the a/c can be used but i think that requires a switch to disable the a/c side. does the pcm constantly monitor and use the fuel tank pressure sensor or can i switch it to use the new fuel sender? what actually does the fuel tank pressor sensor do?
Old 09-24-2007 | 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default fuel tank pressure sensor

anybody have any insight for me on the fuel tank pressure sensor? does the pcm need it to run or can i used that for my fuel pressure sender?
Old 09-25-2007 | 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe for evaporative emissions? So when the tank gets to a specific pressure it knows when to vent the carbon canister or purge it. Im not sure at all but am just taking a guess at it.......
Old 09-26-2007 | 08:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default fuel tank pressure sender

ok - since i am either asking a dumb question or nobody knows the answer let me suggest an answer. as jditlfm proposed, i assume the fuel tank pressure sender is used in the evap system to purge fuel pressure out of the tank. since i am removing all the evap stuff including the solenoid this should free up the fuel tank pressure sender pcm wiring to use as another 5 volt input into the pcm. my plan is to used the egr wiring for my wideband and the fuel tank pressure sender for my fuel rail pressure sender so i can log both easily in hptuners. sound correct?
Old 09-26-2007 | 10:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mterveen
ok - since i am either asking a dumb question or nobody knows the answer let me suggest an answer. as jditlfm proposed, i assume the fuel tank pressure sender is used in the evap system to purge fuel pressure out of the tank. since i am removing all the evap stuff including the solenoid this should free up the fuel tank pressure sender pcm wiring to use as another 5 volt input into the pcm. my plan is to used the egr wiring for my wideband and the fuel tank pressure sender for my fuel rail pressure sender so i can log both easily in hptuners. sound correct?
Yes the tank pressure sender is for the evap emissions. Its actually a negative pressure sensor, and is used to determine if there is a vacuum leak in the evap/purge system. If you are deleting the emissions, you can use the circuit for your fuel pressure.
Old 09-26-2007 | 10:30 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

thanks - thats perfect - how about a source for the female/female connector?
You can use a GM/Delphi ECT sensor pigtail to hook up to the autometer sending unit shown in the link I posted.
Old 09-27-2007 | 12:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default wiring harness

Originally Posted by Doc
You can use a GM/Delphi ECT sensor pigtail to hook up to the autometer sending unit shown in the link I posted.

thanks doc - i called autometer and they said the harness to use is 5227 and not 5223 (its also about $15 cheaper). is the harness you reference above the same as the 5227 (i.e. it will fit the autometer sender? and if so what is the part number)?!

so i am getting an autometer 2246 sender, 5227 harness, a 1/8 npt female to female coupler, and a 4 an female to 1/8 male npt adapter.

will wire it into the fuel pressure tank sender pcm lines
will wire the wideband sensor into the egr pcm lines

Last edited by mterveen; 09-28-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2007 | 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default pin outs on sender

before i finish the wiring install can someone confirm for me the pinouts on the autometer pressure sender. there are 3 pins arranged as follows:

0 0

i assume they are for 5v power, chassis ground, and sensor signal. can someone confirm which pin does what? thanks.
Old 10-04-2007 | 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default autometer sender pinouts

straight from autometer. i only included the sender side - not the harness.

black = ground
grey = 5v ref
purple = 0-5v sensor signal
Attached Thumbnails pcm unused 5 volt inputs-amsender.jpg  
Old 10-17-2007 | 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Are you referring to the Delphi part 1997278? It is connected to the fuel rail and runs into the manifold?
Old 10-17-2007 | 07:23 PM
Dynojet Fan

straight from autometer. i only included the sender side - not the harness.

black = ground
grey = 5v ref
purple = 0-5v sensor signal
Looks like youre on track...... Dont forget to do a custom pid and get the particulars on the sending unit....

Quick Reply: pcm unused 5 volt inputs