Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Corvette sputters in CL, ok in OL

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 08 Corvette sputters in CL, ok in OL

I have an 08 auto vette. Since I drove it off the dealers lot it has had a bad idle. I installed headers and now the sputtering or misfire has magnified where it's noticeable while driving in 5th and 6th gear light throttle. With any load at all it clears. I can program open loop and idle and part throttle is perfect. I've replaced both 02 sensors to no avail. Doesn't it have to be 02 sensor related? What am I missing?

Had it ran this bad before the headers I would have taken it back to the dealer. I read where the 08's typically idle bad so I dismissed the idea. Not the case.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

to me it sounds like an oxygne sensor issue. If someone detialed the vehicle prior to delivery with a high silcone content product it could have poisned the o2 sensors.

Originally Posted by Larry
I have an 08 auto vette. Since I drove it off the dealers lot it has had a bad idle. I installed headers and now the sputtering or misfire has magnified where it's noticeable while driving in 5th and 6th gear light throttle. With any load at all it clears. I can program open loop and idle and part throttle is perfect. I've replaced both 02 sensors to no avail. Doesn't it have to be 02 sensor related? What am I missing?

Had it ran this bad before the headers I would have taken it back to the dealer. I read where the 08's typically idle bad so I dismissed the idea. Not the case.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1curious
to me it sounds like an oxygne sensor issue. If someone detialed the vehicle prior to delivery with a high silcone content product it could have poisned the o2 sensors.
I would think an 02 sensor too but as I've metioned I've replaced both already. No detailing, washing or any prepping was done to the car at the dealer per my request.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like O2's dont get up to temp. does it drive fine if you beat on it for a while and it's all nice and extra hot?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
sounds like O2's dont get up to temp. does it drive fine if you beat on it for a while and it's all nice and extra hot?
At any temperature it sputters. The 02s are reading upper 800s to lower 900s at full throttle. Fuel trims are reading values that seem to be ok.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Here are two logs I ran to verify the miss in my engine. The first is in OL looks good but does show a couple misfires. The second is CL. Mega misfires.

Working on getting them to upload....

Last edited by Larry; 10-25-2007 at 05:00 PM.