PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

LS1edit on 4.3L V6 motors

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003 | 07:57 AM
Teching In

Default LS1edit on 4.3L V6 motors

Hello,

I have a few questions and this seems like the best place to get them answered short of writing the creators of the software.

I'm currently swapping in a 4.3L motor into my '00 S-10 to replace the tired 2.2L 4cyl. I'm going to need to buy a new PCM and would like to use LS1edit to tune the truck once it is up and running (mainly for removing things like torque management, and speed limiters). Is there anything I need to know besides year of the PCM? They list the '01-'02 4.3 PCM on www.carputing.com, I just wanted to double check and verify that it would work, before I shelled out $550 for the software.

Also, has anyone actually used this software to tune a 4.3? I frequent the S-10 forums, and have little to nothing about it there.

I was also wondering about scan-tool software. I have seen autotap before, but can find nothing on EFILive5 (website note working??) Are these the ONLY options, or can I use something like Auterra? ( www.auterraweb.com ) I have the Auterra software for my Palm already and would like to run it instead of AutoTap, but if it does not monitor the necessary functions I will pay the extra for the AutoTap software. I have been reading for a few days and it seems that LTFT (Long Term Fuel trim? ) seems to be the most watched varialbe, with knock counts and knock retard being next in line. Auterra monitors all this so I think it will be OK, but would like a second opinion as well.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mike D
Old 06-09-2003 | 10:15 AM
Teching In

Default Re: LS1edit on 4.3L V6 motors

Bump,

Does anyone have ANY ideas on this?!?!

Even just a partial reply to the scan tool software would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike D

Quick Reply: LS1edit on 4.3L V6 motors