Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lc1 wb02 using nb02 stock harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lc1 wb02 using nb02 stock harness

need confirmation that this setup will work on 2001 SS. plan to use stock rear passenger side o2 wiring for wideband using the old harness from the removed rear sensors. seems to be a nice, simple, clean way to do this. will continue to use front o2s for narrowband to the pcm. rear o2s have been turned off.

using a 6 wire lc1:

lc1 red wire to harness pin D (switched 12+)
lc1 blue wire to harness pin C (heater ground)
lc1 white/black wires to harness pin A (o2 sensor ground)
lc1 brown wire (0-5v) to harness pin B (o2 sensor signal)

at the pcm i will remove pin 65 from the blue connector (bank 2 sensor 2 high signal) and install it at pin 55 (egr pintol sensor).

ok? potential problems?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Teching In

I don't know, I'm trying to figure out how to wire my new LC-1. I also thought that using it in the rear O2 would be a good idea, but after reading some I now think that it may be better to use it in the FRONT O2 and use it as a narrow band as well. Two reasons why, I have a Vette and there is NO room to put the LC-1 around there without risking burining it up on the headers. Next is that the sensor will not be as accurate after the cats. For me its not any harder to wire up, as long as I get the right wiring diagrams LOL!

Good luck with yours!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

on my camaro i have the aps tt kit so the front o2 sensors are virtually impossible to get at whereas the rear o2 sensors are readily available. secondly the sensor bungs are all precat (although i do not have any cats to begin with!). unless i hear differently soon this is what i am going to wire up this weekend. i have checked the grounds that i could find (couple on drivers side head, none on passengers side head, one by drivers side motor mount, negative battery cable) and made sure they were good and tight. the wiring schematics indicate the main pcm grounds go to the engine so it should work. i will just "package up" the lc1 under the passenger side of the car and run 1 of the computer cables into the cabin. i looked at routing everything under the hood but there is so little room and everything is so close to the turbos/exhaust that i changed my mind. got my fingers crossed!