Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99pcm in 02 popping pcm batt fuse

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99pcm in 02 popping pcm batt fuse

Mods feed free to move this elsewhere if it fits better. 02 z28, put a 99 pcm in it because that is what I had hp tuners for, car fired right up drove it around, everything seemed fine, went to start it the next time, and just cranked over. pcm batt fuse blown, put another one in it, car started right up, shut it off went in the house. The next day went to start it, pcm batt fuse blown again. Put another fuse in it, starts fine shut it off set for a couple days, went back to it, fuse blown again. I unhooked the pcm harness, all the wires looked fine, nothing rubbing anywhere, stuck another fuse in it, wiggled everything around, all looked good. Bolted the connector back down, was standing there looking at things, and heard the fuse blow. So from here I take a multimeter, put one probe in the fuse slot going to the pcm, the other to ground and put it on continuity where it squeals when it makes connection. When I plug just the blue connector into the pcm, it squeals, like there is a short, like an idiot I sold the stock pcm, but I had 2 other truck pcms laying around, and when I plug the blue connector into them it doesn't do it, but on the same hand I don't know whether the pinouts are the same for a truck one or not. The pinouts look the same for the 99, and 02 pcm's except for the absence of the egr stuff on the 02 harness. Any help would be appreciated, I am going to try to find another f-body pcm to try and see if it acts the same or not.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, fixed it, I'll leave the post up in case someone runs across this again. The pcm had a dent in the back cover, and was touching the board in just the right spot. I guess it wasn't always making contact thats why I drove it for a bit, and maybe when I was shutting the door or something it flexed just enough that it was shorting.