Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune a LT-1?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tune a LT-1?

Anybody know a good LT-1 tuner program out there that I can use to make basic changes like injector size, gear ratio, etc... I am looking at the LT1edit from carputing but $200 seems steap! I have a data master cable and can connect to my PCM just fine, but was just wondering if there was other options out there. I am also looking to the future as well as the LT1 gets older it will be harder and harder to find programs to cover it. Let me know and thanks for your input.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tunercat.com
Old 11-07-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

200 is the cheapest you will find software. The Jet software (formerly tunercat) is over 400. LT-1 edit works, but there support has fallen off and guys are getting away from using them!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tunercat or LT1Edit. If you already have the cable, you're almost there already.

http://www.tunercat.com
http://www.carputing.com

Both pretty much do the same thing. I like the user interface of LT1Edit a little better, but Tunercat is cheaper ($90 vs $200). Both work fine. I actually use both (I find there are features in both that I like).
Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

you have mail. sent you a PM
Old 11-08-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Sreve, sent you a PM as well. As to the rest, I decided to go with the CATStuner and have the definition file from them. Any advise, as all I need to do is change the injector size as I upgraded to SVO 30# from the SVO 24's I had in there due to a lean issue on the 383. Will I need to also mess with the air/fuel ratio/curve when I change this as I don't want to mess with much as the car was custom dyno tuned a few years back? Also, I recently opened up the TB port to accomodate the 58mm TB I have as I found my engine builder forgot to match it, will I have to change anything in the comp to accomodate the lager air volume or will the computer compensate automatically? Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Thanks Sreve, sent you a PM as well. As to the rest, I decided to go with the CATStuner and have the definition file from them. Any advise, as all I need to do is change the injector size as I upgraded to SVO 30# from the SVO 24's I had in there due to a lean issue on the 383. Will I need to also mess with the air/fuel ratio/curve when I change this as I don't want to mess with much as the car was custom dyno tuned a few years back? Also, I recently opened up the TB port to accomodate the 58mm TB I have as I found my engine builder forgot to match it, will I have to change anything in the comp to accomodate the lager air volume or will the computer compensate automatically? Any ideas are appreciated.
Without seeing the tune, its impossible to tell you if anything needs to be changed besides the IFR. Just set that and you should be good. You shouldnt need to change anything for the T-body.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

One last question, I'm thinking of buying a spare comp just incase something happens and I am going to get one from ebay with the stock programming for the M6 as this is what I have. Can I reflash this comp with my VIN and current programming if something catastophic were to happen to my current computer?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DAVE00
One last question, I'm thinking of buying a spare comp just incase something happens and I am going to get one from ebay with the stock programming for the M6 as this is what I have. Can I reflash this comp with my VIN and current programming if something catastophic were to happen to my current computer?
Yes. Once you do a read, name and save that file. You can then put that tune in any computer you want.
When you go to load that tune into a dif computer, the software will stop before writing, and give you the option of writing YOUR vin that goes with the tune, or the vin thats already in the PCM.