PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car tries to die at start up

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if I mess with the VE tables it wont mess with the rest of my tune will it??
Old 11-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSS2001
So if I mess with the VE tables it wont mess with the rest of my tune will it??
Dont know what you mean by mess with the rest of your tune.
theres several parameters that need to be right before you start VE tuning. After said parameters are set, you go to dialing in the VE. Once thats right, there will be other parameters that will need adjusting.
Again, without experienced tuners looking at your current tune, its really hard to tell you where to start.
You need to follow the directions in the help files for setting it up in SD and dialing in the VE table.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just don't get why my car is so messed up like it is. I had it a TSP on the dyno for a tune.. but it's like it hasn't helped..

But what I was asking was if I/someone messes with the idle and all will it change the tune I had on the dyno?
Old 11-29-2007, 06:34 PM
9 Second Club

Man, most dyno tunes are mainly concentrated on WOT areas. Some dyno tuners only try to half *** the idle stuff by raising the base airflow and drilling the blade. It's a lot quicker for them to just tune with PE, and half *** the rest of it. Not saying thats your case, but I have seen some "dyno" tunes that were no better as far as drivability than a mail order tune would have been.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSS2001
I just don't get why my car is so messed up like it is. I had it a TSP on the dyno for a tune.. but it's like it hasn't helped..

But what I was asking was if I/someone messes with the idle and all will it change the tune I had on the dyno?
By "messing" with your tune in the lower rpms, esp in the VE table, it shouldnt change anything in the upper rpms. That being said, WITHOUT SEEING YOUR TUNE, how can anyone know how its set up, what needs changing, or be able to give any useful advice?
Ever thought about taking it back to TSP and seeing if they could straighten it out?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol I'm trying to get my buddy to get over here to do a scan on it so I can post it up.

Yeah going back to tsp is out of the question it's way to far away for me. (8hr trip)