Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone please explain..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Someone please explain..

Just bought a brand new LC1 wideband unit. Installed in the car permanently. Everything was working just like it should the first three times I drive the car. My camaro is not my daily driver anymore, so didnt drive the car for about a week and today when I took her for a spin, My LC1 was on the fritz. THIS IS THE 4TH TIME TO DRIVE THE CAR WITH THE LC1 IN THE CAR. What is wrong with my wideband. This is the 3rd sensor that i have owned and looks to be the 3rd to crap out on me. I did recalibrate and the sensor worked fine on my way to work. Car sat for 2 hours and on the way home, no wideband again. what gives are these sensors that fragel. Have it wired up exactly the way you are suppost to. To a switched source and everything. Please Help!! Getting really fedup with these things. Am I doing something wrong? Do you have to drive the car everyday with these sensors in the car? Just don't get it.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to have a fully charged battery for it to work. If it is the least bit weak it won't work. I'm currently having problems with my LC1; but read about this on here and swapped my battery out and that solved the power issue. Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sensors can be damaged by water in the pipe, they have to be put
so they can't hold any (tip-down, at least somewhat). Is your
install OK in this respect?