Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frickin driver side 02 heater circ failure

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Frickin driver side 02 heater circ failure

Please tell me something can be done about this frickin condition. My last car had a 224/228 581 cam, all bolt on's and did this once a month. I tried rear Vette 02's and still had it come on once a month. The difference is, that car lit the light the day I picked it up from having Y pipe custom made for my headers, already had the cam in for several months. This one, I've had the QTP's in for several months, put in the F14 highlift cam about 3 weeks ago and the SES lit up this morning on a cold start. Code P0155. I'm willing to try the Bosch 13111's, but if this is a monthly occurence again, I guess I'll be stock again.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

I'm not sure how the exhaust shop put your y-pipe one, but if they did any welding with on the exhaust while it was on the car and forgot to disconnect the battery cable, then they shorted out your O2 from the welding. I know, I've done it. But, I'm just speculating that's what happened. Hope this might help.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

That was done 4 months or so ago, the cam was done about 3 weeks ago.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Addict

A friend of mine asked if it could be the computer seeing the O2 heater circuit running too often and setting the code saying failure. I wonder if the tune could change that or if the sensor is actually burning out the heater? I also wonder if having a catted Y would help due to increased temp in the exhaust up front.