PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Planning on tuning with LS1Edit in a hybrid car with a 98 PCM, or should I swap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Planning on tuning with LS1Edit in a hybrid car with a 98 PCM, or should I swap?

Basically I came across a good deal on a 98 Engine with fairly low miles, all accesories, wiring harness and PCM included.
I plan on putting this (along with a T56) into my 240SX, and then using nitrous with it.
Now I know the 98 PCM isn't as desireable as a 99+, but I'd like to know if I'm really going to run into any problems with it, and if so, what are they?

And on a slightly lesser level, can LS1Edit flash the PCM from automatic to manual (engine and pcm are from an A4 car) or do I need a dealer to do it?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one?
Old 12-18-2007, 05:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems here: it's a originally A4 1998 LS1, supercharged and with a Tranny swap.
LS1Edit needs some Engine management and Excel knowledges as it doesn't calculates the parameters itself as other programming tools.
Otherwise it can do almost everything you can imagine (almost...).

For the tranny swap you need a M6 program that fits your PCM (the calibration number HAS to be the right one).
I asked Carputing to help me and they sent a "custome made" stock tune for free