Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI Live- How Difficult for Newbie?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:24 AM
gnb
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI Live- How Difficult for Newbie?

At thee risk of getting flamed - if I were to purchase EFI Live how hard would it be for me to tune my 2002 Z06? I suppose I could purchase a Mail Order tune and load it right?
Old 12-22-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

You wont get flamed. Its a very steep learning curve. My feedback would be to read...experiment, read some more.... experiment....then read and read again. The more time you spend in this forum and the EFIlive forum the better off you will be.

Pull your current tune from the car and learn what the various table do, ect. Spend more time learning the Scan tool...the Tuning tool is pretty straight forward. The Scan Tool is VERY powerful and is where the majority of your time should be spent.

I am by no means an expert, but there are members here who are. You can pick them out by the caliber of there posts.

I will say EFIlive is spectacular. I bought all of my hardware and software from Greenlight Motorsports.

R/

Frat
Old 12-22-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Tuning in itself is not hard. Wrapping your mind around the tables upon tables of data it takes to replace a few screws in a carb is the hard part.

You can download the EFILive software here and take it for a test drive. You can download and browse various tunes here.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

each of the programs is just as hard. they all have their differences. its not hard tho
Old 12-22-2007, 12:07 PM
AVB
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fratsit
I bought all of my hardware and software from Greenlight Motorsports.

I would recommend getting it from either these guys or Wait4me since I believe you get the benefit of their excellent after-the-sale support.

Arnel
Old 12-22-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

At first It may seem a little overwhelming but before you know it, It will become fairly simple. At least It was in my case.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fratsit
You wont get flamed. Its a very steep learning curve. My feedback would be to read...experiment, read some more.... experiment....then read and read again. The more time you spend in this forum and the EFIlive forum the better off you will be.
R/

Frat
I agree with that!

My experience: Purchasing from Green Light = 10 out of 10.
Getting help after the purchase = .
Old 12-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Teching In

not to hijack the thread, but how hard is HP tuners in comparison?
Old 12-23-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Really, for all the EFILive vs. ??? questions, the stickies are a great place to start!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

GNB, when you order thru us like you had said, You get a FREE tune for your application so you wouldnt have to buy another mail order tune.

The phone number in my sig is for anyone to use with questions. Im almost always here..
Old 12-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Teching In

sorry , i didnt mean it as a direct vs. question I just wondered if there was an appreciable difference in ease of use
Old 12-26-2007, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by xicer
not to hijack the thread, but how hard is HP tuners in comparison?
Neither software program automatically imparts the wisdom of an experienced tuner into your laptop. You need a basic understanding of what the PCM does and why. That takes a considerable amount of reading.

You can drive a nail with a craftsman hammer or one from stanley. The nail gets hammered home either way. Which one works best for you? You have to swing the hammer to find out. Both software packages get you to the same result. Look at the software forums & see which one you think suits you best. EFI has a demo program you can download so you can try swinging the hammer a little bit. You aren't wrong either way you go.