Sponsored by:

O2 signal

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 signal

Hey Guys
This is not exactly a tuning question, but I figured this would be a great place to get the right answer. How can I "splice" into my O2 narrowbands to access a signal? Can I splice the acual wire (and if so, what is the best method) or do I need to go to the PCM (It's a C5)
Thanks
Old 12-31-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even you are going to use solder I would go for the PCM. I seem to remember my O2s having chromed wire and that's hard to get a connection into.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Even you are going to use solder I would go for the PCM. I seem to remember my O2s having chromed wire and that's hard to get a connection into.
You can buy pigtails for that purpose. I think I have the link saved on my laptop...I'll look later. The actual O2 sensor is a sort of a thermocouple which as a junction of specific disimaler metals.

Here they are: http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...57617_-1_10625
From what Ive reade, narrowband only tells you if it's rich or lean from the junction's setpoint. I think 450mv is like the setpoint and anything less or more is either rich or lean.

Last edited by ssheets; 12-31-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I KNEW you guys would know this. That looks like exactly what I need. I just didn't like "splicing" or "taping" into the O2 wire, and I sure didn't want to F - - _ up my PCM.
So to make sure I'm clear, if I have a 98 C5, I can get 182-109049, and plug it into my my existing plug and then into my O2 (Drivers side front) and use a solderless connector to hook up my lean switch.

Thanks again for the info!!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know which one to get, I just came across these one night while looking for wideband stuff. What exactly are you going to do with it? If you're just looking for lean is there some sort of algorithm or hysteresis built in? I know just watching mine while driving they go all over the place from 50 to 900mv. Of course I haven't really been able to watch them while staying on the gas, this is while sitting on cruise control. If I keep my foot in it I kind of like to keep my eyes on the road.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have one of the Dynotune lean cut off switches that shuts off the N2O if you go lean. It has a recommedation of what voltage to set it at, but I havn't gotten to the set up point yet. It actaully has a display that you can put in the cockpit, but I don't plan on trying to read it on a run since it would be in voltage anyway. I think it has a recall feature to check the leanest "voltage" during a run.
Thanks again
Old 01-01-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOTTLE ROCKET
I have one of the Dynotune lean cut off switches that shuts off the N2O if you go lean. It has a recommedation of what voltage to set it at, but I havn't gotten to the set up point yet. It actaully has a display that you can put in the cockpit, but I don't plan on trying to read it on a run since it would be in voltage anyway. I think it has a recall feature to check the leanest "voltage" during a run.
Thanks again
Good luck, sounds fun. I used to be anti N20 (old timer, old school), but now I'm starting to wonder how much fun a 100-150 shot would be???