PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can be the problem cant figure it out PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What can be the problem cant figure it out PLEASE HELP

I have a 2000 camaro took the car out and raced it and it ran perfect, three days lateter i took the car out again and did a few burn outs and launches to try to get the car to hook up. On my last launch the car started popping and really running like ****. I put it on the trailor and figured i filed my plugs out. The next day i changed my plugs and still popping and uniing like ****. So i figured i possibilly clogged a injector thought it was un likely but i checked anyways not the problem, i started checking the temp. on each header tube by touch and the 2 front passenger header tubes were cold to the touch. So i thought something may have hapened with the crank sensor so i chenged the crank sensor and checked the harnes for the sensor and it was melted to i changed the harness checked it twice to make sure the wires were exactly how they came off and saudered the wires. And it still will not run/run right all it does is pop when it is trying to turn over.
Please help dont know what it can be, whats my next step? i am going to hook up my friends 2001 computer on the car today to see if i somehow fried the computer
thanks in advance
Rich
Old 01-08-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you pull the valve covers to look for bent or broken push rods on those bad/cool cylinders?

There is either no fire on them or a valve isnt opening for it to get fuel or no exhaust exit.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:53 PM

forgot to mention i started it today and the exhaust tubes that werent getting hot are now and 3 on the drivers side arent fireing now, i took the plug wire off of the 2 cold cylinders when i noticed they were cold and put a old plug in it and they sparking so i knew i wias getting fire
Old 01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check the wiring on the crank trigger? Maybe that is roasted?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, or the coils or the coil drivers....
Old 01-08-2008, 04:36 PM

the 3 wire harness going to the crank pos. sensor was melted i couldnt tell if there was any metal contact but i replaced the 3 wire harnessgoing to the crank sensor and sautered the ends
Old 01-08-2008, 05:39 PM

i changed the computer and it still didnt work if i hold the key to crank the car it will just crank and crank and after turning the key for a minute it will turn over but pop real bad and smoke and when i am trying to turn it over it makes a weird noice back fires and a womp kinda of noise kind i stopped trying when my starter stop working
if i didnt have bad luck i wouldnt have any
any ideas?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 PM

anyone have any input?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

After changing out the crank sensor and wires, you might need to do a crank position relearn. You will need to take it to a tuner or the dealer for that.

In the past, when I have had snapping and popping or running problems (when the car is cold) it was the O2 sensors (when the car was warmed up) it was the maf sensor fuse.

Good luck in your quest. You might give Vengeance Racing a call and talk to Mike. Or, shoot Ron or Mike an Email. Tell them Todd (Blue Thunder) told ya to call.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by BlueThunder2
After changing out the crank sensor and wires, you might need to do a crank position relearn. You will need to take it to a tuner or the dealer for that.

In the past, when I have had snapping and popping or running problems (when the car is cold) it was the O2 sensors (when the car was warmed up) it was the maf sensor fuse.

Good luck in your quest. You might give Vengeance Racing a call and talk to Mike. Or, shoot Ron or Mike an Email. Tell them Todd (Blue Thunder) told ya to call.
true but i have to have the car running to do that and it just will not start for nothing
Old 01-08-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is nit popping out of the intake or exhaust?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 PM

it popping out the exhause but while i am cranking it over it makes this weird noise that i have never heard before kinda hard to explain womp is th only to explain it
Old 01-09-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had a similar problem when my injector driver wasn't plugged in all the way. Some cylinders would get no fuel and the o2 was telling the computer it was lean, the computer would dump fuel to the cylinders that were working. Took a while to find a dumb problem.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:02 AM

but tis was just all of a sudden put the car down the track 6 times raced it ran perfect, then went to test it did 3 burn outs 3 launches and on last launch it went to crap change my plugs still no go checked crank sensor and harness and harness was slightly melted changed that and sensor still crap, visually inspected springs and push rods and nothing were do i go from here??

Originally Posted by Firechikn
I've had a similar problem when my injector driver wasn't plugged in all the way. Some cylinders would get no fuel and the o2 was telling the computer it was lean, the computer would dump fuel to the cylinders that were working. Took a while to find a dumb problem.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:18 PM

132 views and still cant get it figured out
Old 01-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Any codes on the OBDII port? Oil in coolant (Blown Head Gasket)? Water in oil (BHG)? Bent pushrod? Removed valve covers and looked at valve action while turning engine over with starter? "womp" sound could be compressed air from bad cylinder rushing out of bad valve seat/bent valve/burned exhaust valve/burned piston crown (hole in piston) ... good luck ...
Old 01-09-2008, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Steve VanS
Any codes on the OBDII port? Oil in coolant (Blown Head Gasket)? Water in oil (BHG)? Bent pushrod? Removed valve covers and looked at valve action while turning engine over with starter? "womp" sound could be compressed air from bad cylinder rushing out of bad valve seat/bent valve/burned exhaust valve/burned piston crown (hole in piston) ... good luck ...
there has been no nitrous on the motor all i did was a few burnouts and a few launches then it went to **** could this be caused by that
Old 01-09-2008, 02:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvOPr2UFd28
here is a vid of it trying to start and the sound listen closley can hear exactly what i am talking about at the end
Old 01-09-2008, 04:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the 12 v power for the cam is missing. Did you check your fuses after those wires were melted? if you didn't, chances are there is a bad one. Also, you might have to clear the code set by the wires being bad.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Schwanke Engines
Sounds like the 12 v power for the cam is missing. Did you check your fuses after those wires were melted? if you didn't, chances are there is a bad one. Also, you might have to clear the code set by the wires being bad.
all fuses are good the 2 boxes under hood and inside