Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another check my tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another check my tune

Hey everyone I've finally got around to posting up. I'm very new to the game of tuning and any help would be greatly appreciated. I've used the search and read the getting started applications which I am slowly understanding. I just recently got my speedometer recalibrated using my front abs sensor because i'm running a th350 trans so that is the extent of my tuning so far.

Also the car was tuned in mid 40's degree weather. I am running a LM1 wideband and when running the car it stays right on 14.7 cruising and around high 12's when i'm at wide open throttle. I wish i could be more specific but the roads have been terrible since i've bought the car and I haven't had much of a chance to really open it up for a good period of time to see what the wideband reads at WOT.

When I bought the car this was the tune loaded in the computer. My mods include:

236/244 duration, 112lsa, 579 intake and exhaust lift
243 heads (not sure if they are ported)
ls6 intake
60lb injectors
full exhaust
running in speed density
will be running a 125-150 shot Harris speed works wet in the spring

Thanks for any help
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
second speedo fix.hpt (460.9 KB, 60 views)
Old 02-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Launching!

why is your final drive ratio 1.17?????
Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 AM
10 Second Club

with the th350 there is no speed sensor in the case, so to make the speedo work off the front abs sensor thats the ratio needed.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Do others think 30 degrees of timing is about right? Also when i'm running nitrous do you think I should knock it down to 24 or so spark advance?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Launching!

30 is bordeline pushing the envelope...but you could get away with it..do a scan and see how it works...on the N20, same thing...try the 24 and see if you have KR in a scan and work from there...you have to start somewhere....adjust in small increments
Old 02-06-2008, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

your tune will be out of whack come spring time... i had my car tuned in about 30-40 degree weather, and it has been 70 the past 2 days... my 12.8 perfectly dialed in afr came up to 13.9 to 14.0... had to redo the entire low end VE table and MAF tables.

so just be aware of that when you do nitrous, but you have a wideband so it can be fixed. also, on the spray, i would start conservative and work your way up in either .5 or 1 degree of timing incriments.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Hey thanks for the info. I thought 30 was a little high and I might back it off because I run the car more on the street than track so keeping it conservative is the way to go. Just to be correct on this, you subtract more fuel in the summer months than you do with the winter because the air is more dense correct? or am I thinking backwards? I told ya I am a newbie. I know the first change of the ve i'll have my answer on my wideband but I might as well ask the question before hand.

Also with using my front wheel abs sensor for my speedo sensor this kicked my abs and parking brake lights on. I didn't want abs anyway. I've looked on the disable lights table and couldn't find anything i could disable to take these lights off. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

can't get rid of the abs light, its in the bcm not pcm
Old 02-08-2008, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

Oh well it was worth a question. I have been living with abs lights in my other 2 cars so I'll live with it in this one as well.

Also I have been doing some searching and was wondering if you can run the Innovate LM1 in the HP tuners program some how, or how are others checking there wideband readings against their tunes?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If tuned correctly, you never have to adjust your airfuel based on air density, the MAF should compensate for this, and keep your fueling correct.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

I'm in speed density right now but have been thinking about putting it back to using the MAF sensor. It would definately make it more user friendly like you say slow but as of right now there is not a MAF in the system.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pddye
Hey thanks for the info. I thought 30 was a little high and I might back it off because I run the car more on the street than track so keeping it conservative is the way to go. Just to be correct on this, you subtract more fuel in the summer months than you do with the winter because the air is more dense correct? or am I thinking backwards? I told ya I am a newbie. I know the first change of the ve i'll have my answer on my wideband but I might as well ask the question before hand.

Also with using my front wheel abs sensor for my speedo sensor this kicked my abs and parking brake lights on. I didn't want abs anyway. I've looked on the disable lights table and couldn't find anything i could disable to take these lights off. Anyone have any suggestions?

i had to add more fuel, but i only messed with the VE and MAF tables. and, i dont run speed density(i hate the idea of speed density) i just tune my VE from what i can without hitting PE.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow
If tuned correctly, you never have to adjust your airfuel based on air density, the MAF should compensate for this, and keep your fueling correct.
care to elaborate? i had my tune spot on(maf tables were perfect, they made my afr match my commanded afr) and then out of no where the afr went wacko... what am i not tuning? talking strictly WOT here... not part throttle.