PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Diablo EGR question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008 | 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Default Diablo EGR question

Hi all, I have the predetor tuner and noticed that i can turn my egr and air off. Now since I don't have them physically taken out, would that benifit me at all? I was just thinking if it picked me up some horsepower I'd tune them out until i need to smog the car again. Any ideas? Sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm still a tuning newb.
-Jason
Old 02-05-2008 | 09:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor
15 Year Member

nah, won't getcha anything... leave 'em on since you still have the items on your car....

those are there so if you remove those items from the car, you can disable them with the predator so you don't keep throwing codes/check engine lights...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-05-2008 | 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

If you turn off egr, the ecm quits moving the valve, so if you still have the egr system still on the car, you can be making a vac leak due to the valve being open a little bit if it was open while the vehicle was shut off before you tuned it. So if you remove it in the tune, you need to block it off on the motor.
Old 02-07-2008 | 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Oh cool I didn't know that. Thanks for the info guys!
-Jason