Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n00b question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default n00b question

I looked in the FAQ and searched this sub-forum, so if this is a stupid question, please forgive me.

What kind of power increase can be had on a stock set up with HP Tuners (2002 Trans Am WS6)? Right now I don't want to get into the engine at all (for either heads or cam, or anything else). I plan on getting a lid, and some sort of exhaust, and I'm certainly open to swapping injectors and fuel pumps.

But let's say I didn't touch anything and tuned it, what could I get? What about with just a lid?

(there is a madness to my method - long term I plan to swap the engine with something else, LS2, or 3, possibly 7, or who-knows. Basically I don't want to blow up or otherwise break the stock engine as it's an 02, my first brand new car, and just special to me, so I would prefer to leave it as it is, only touching the tune, injectors, fuel pump, lid, exhaust, etc. And I also like the sound of the stock exhaust (I know, I'm probably crazy), so I'm not exactly anxious to change that just yet, but I have heard there is a lot left on the table in the stock LS1 tune)

Thanks
Old 02-24-2008, 02:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2-page and 1-week bump. . .
Old 02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say 25hp...remember its not JUST HP/TQ your are gaining from a tune. It crisp driving at all RPM's. You would understand more if you had a tuner. Over 505 parameters to adjust just on our LS1's!