PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Car Misfiring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008 | 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Default Car Misfiring?

This problem started about a year ago and i still havent figuered it out. MY 00 T/A ws6 is mostly stock other than no cats, o2 sims and slp predator not in use at time because of misfire. well the car runs fine when its cold at wot and at cruis, but once the car gets to about 140 or higher temp the car starts to hesitate even at normal accel. and at wot the car just goes off and starts afterfiring. Any pointer will be helpfull thanks. Oh yeah changed fuel filter,cleaned k&n, MAF, replaced crank sensor, checked spark plugs for proper gap, and checked fuel press. at fuel rail in park while reving eng.. oh yea have Random Multiple Cyl Misfire code and Knock sens. 2 low input code.
Old 02-17-2008 | 01:24 AM
On The Tree

t t t
Old 02-18-2008 | 12:26 AM
Teching In

Do you still have the option of putting 02's back in?? Simulators do just that they "simulate" what a correctly functioning 02 will read IF it needs no trimming of fuel{not very likely}. Most ls1 controlers turn on closed loop @ 140F @ which point {depending on what kind of "simulated" reading is being sent back} it could be adding or subtracting fuel and your computer has no way of knowing the difference
Old 02-23-2008 | 01:17 AM
On The Tree

yea i still can put hook up the o2s but it was doing with them connected, it didnt make a difference with the o2s conected it still acted the same. so i bought the o2 sims(rear o2s) because i gutted my cats thinking it was probaly having to much back press. and didnt want it throwing o2 sens. code. Its just so weird cause when cold it runs fine after warm up it starts to run like **** man i hope some1 out there has the answer. Thanx