Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Edit

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 Edit

LS2Edit--Does anyone have experience with this program? I had my car tuned by a ex-Roadracer in Buffalo, MN and he can't seem to unlock my tune. He says he doesn't lock it but I can't get into it with HPtuners or even a GM tool. A friend of mine had the same problem and he said he went back to him and he got it unlocked. I asked him about my friend and he said he did nothing different between my tune and his... Needless to say he did a shity job tuning it and I'm trying to get it tuned by someone else with HPTuners. Any help would be appreciated.

I have had people say to go to GM and have them "re-boot" the pcm but that is costly and I would have to pay to get all the stock **** put back on. I'm sure there is a solution to this, I just need to find it.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-28-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to have them flash your pcm back to stock, to unlock your pcm, the first versions automatically locked the pcm.

LS2 edit sucks for this reason, pcm locking in general sucks....
Ryan
Old 02-28-2008, 09:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah the original tuner needs to unlock it, although I think if you send your pcm/tcm to carputing they will unlock it for a fee as well. GM probably won't be able to access a locked pcm either.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:11 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info guys!

So you think if I go back to where I had it tuned and have him flash the stock tune my problems will hopefully be solved? Won't it just do the same thing as I have now? Why would putting the stock tune on make it unlock?

Just wondering, if that works, then thats what I will do. Just want to be 100% sure it will work, this fkn guy has enough of my time and money already..
Old 02-29-2008, 08:04 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you think if I go back to where I had it tuned and have him flash the stock tune my problems will hopefully be solved? Won't it just do the same thing as I have now? Why would putting the stock tune on make it unlock?
Your tuner needs to UNLOCK it, flashing in a stock file won't necessarily change a thing other than parameters in the pcm, if he doesn't unlock the file it won't mean a thing though.

In HP Tuners its a simply lock/unlock button that you click on the file and then perform a full write, can't imagine it would be anymore than that in edit.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Teching In

He told me he doesn't know how to unlock or lock the pcm in LS2Edit??? This is comming from a guy who builds C5-R motors and such, very well know road racer. Obvouisly his name isn't unimportant, but he seems to be a total dumb fuc when it comes to LS2's. Like I said my friend had the same problem and he did fix it, but for some reason can't fix mine. I'm about ready to drive my car through his fkn shop!

Does anyone know in what menu of LS2Edit the lock/unlock feature is?

Thanks.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slow
you need to have them flash your pcm back to stock, to unlock your pcm, the first versions automatically locked the pcm.

LS2 edit sucks for this reason, pcm locking in general sucks....
Ryan
So what Ryan said isn't how it works???
Old 02-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Teching In

I'm not trying to be a pain but this guy(My tuner) should know how to operate his damn software.

I really want someone to chime in that has delt with LS2Edit...

I think this guy should pay me to work on my car...
Old 02-29-2008, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There may be more to unlocking it, but I know the first versions automatically locked it without asking if you wanted it to be locked.

Here is what you need to do to get it unlocked. As I said, you need to flash the stock file back into the vehicle.

Here is some info.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...29&forum_id=91

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14919

Ryan
Old 02-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info...

Quick Reply: LS2 Edit