Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need advice...

I have a 00' Z M6 lt's, catted y-pipe and cat-back. It also has a lid. I'm planning on changing the rear gears to 4.10's, putting a Ls6 intake manifold on and a 160 degree thermostat. I have been looking for a tuner that best fits my needs. I live in Maine and technology is slow so no one around has a tuning system with the dyno setup I would much prefer LS1edit but I do not have money for a laptop as well as the program. So I'm fairly limited to using a handheld. I like the looks of the Vinci/Crane tuner however on the website it doesn't comment on wether or not it will adjust for rear gears? Does it do this and should I be resonably happy with this tuner???? Thank you for any help you may provide...I'm going to have a and think about it!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the crane hand held tuner should adjust for the gear ratio change, as for if you should get it, thats really up too you. Personaly i dont think its worth it, its a decent amount of cash and you really can't do to much with it.

Your best bet is to either find a shop that can do it, or find someone that has a tunner that can help you out. Personaly i have EFI live and would be glad to make some adjusts for you, i'm going to school in boston though which would be a bit of a drive. Only thing is you would have to pay for a license becuase i would lose one by flashing to your computer.

Hope that helps let me know if you have any questions

Justin
Old 03-06-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I sell handheld GM programmers that you can use that i put in 3 of my custom tunes into them. They ship to me blank and i get to put in anything you want. I can modify ANY modification you do, and never charge for retunes or changes you may want..

SCT is the brand of programmers i use.

You can call me and i can go thru some options for you..

We also sell pcms outright fully programmed with no core for 159 shipped, Free updates/changes for life of the vehicle and set up to your EXACT needs..