PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Requestion HPT Tune for 224/.565 cam, please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Requestion HPT Tune for 224/.565 cam, please?

I'm a bit of a newbie around here, but i was hoping someone would be willing to share their .bin if they have a setup that's similar to mine.

*YES, I SEE THE STICKY! But i'm working with a dealer/tuner who is just getting started in the HP Tuners world, and he asked me to find a good baseline for my car before we start on it tomorrow. Since *I* don't have HPT, i can't get into the online database to find something like mine!*

My setup is:
2001 LS1 / Manual
224 @ .050 / .565 / 113LSA cam (single pattern)
1 & 3/4 mid-length headers, full exhaust (2.5 dual" to 3.5" single)
Cold air intake

--Speed density would be fine
--rear o2's deleted

I'd appreciate anything you can throw my way! My email is ccollord(at)hotmail.com

(apologies for the cross post from GenIII engines!)
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 434 Likes on 309 Posts

Are you supposed to be paying for this tune? If your tuner needs a baseline for something so minor, you should just buy the tuning software yourself. HPtuners is the most user friendly software I have ever seen, so if this guy needs help with it for a mild cam, I would NOT trust the end result.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the cam install, my cats are GLOWING within 5 minutes. I would rather start the car with a good baseline that isn't going to melt my cats. Wouldn't you?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like you have a mechanical issue going on if your cats were glowing in 5 minutes after your cam install, shoot I ran a larger cam than that without tuning for weeks without any issues with an A4 at that. Unless you swapped injectors I really don't see a reason why your cats would get so hot they'd glow.