Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I do 2bar or 3bar tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I do 2bar or 3bar tuning

Here is my delima. The car is a 372 CI twin turbo car, what ever power i make the engine, trans, rear end will be able to handle it and am now adding a methanol injection kit. But I am now debating on what type of tuning I Should do. I know the 2bar is only good up to 15 psi, the 3bar can handle more but is more of a bitch to tune due to the sensor having lower resolution from what i hear.

I want to push 750-800 whp

Any opinions on what I should do, how much harder is it from 2bar from 3bar. I know there is a 2.5bar sensor but I am not sure if its compatible with a 3rd gen computer.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have an immeadiate advantage over many people. Since you own the warez and are doing the tuning, you can afford to get it working right either way. The 3bar certainly takes more time to get really right, but it's not like it's undriveable while in progress. 2bar can made to fuel past 15psi, but you lose some accuracy between 14-ish psi and whatever max boost you run. If you aren't going over 18psi then obviously it's not a huge deal. Your last VE row will be setup to fuel whatever your max boost is. It will be a tad rich in between but the turbo will be running up so fast at that point that you won't see it and it won't hurt you. You will lose protection from things like boost spikes (depending on your setup, I've never had any but have checked things over like 5x from fear) where in the 3bar tune you set the upper cells really rich. Really I guess it's all in preference.