Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Posting here cause I know the guys that really know something tune cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Posting here cause I know the guys that really know something tune cars

Ok, I had frost(richmond, VA) tune my car a few months ago with HP tuner. He did a great job, but now I've moved to Mobile, AL and brought the car with me. Over the last few weeks the car has started to feel slow. It comes out of the hole strong, then feels slow from 4k-6500 rpm. It just isn't pulling as hard up top. I felt it weakening and put some new bosch iridium plugs in it hoping that would fix it. Car is cammed with LT headers, Spintech exhaust, etc. EGR mod, Intake lid, H Pipe, blah. Made 375 to the tire. on a dynojet after the tune @ 100& duty cycle on the injectors. Like I said, it felt REALLY strong after it was tuned and felt great for the last 2 months, then got weak a few weeks ago. Also, I got a CEL about a O2 sensor heater bank or some BS like that. I reset it with a OBD2 scanner and it hasn't come back, Please Help!!

Thanks

Jason

PS: Frost is the best and by no means would I blame this on him.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 526 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by 99z28power
Ok, I had frost(richmond, VA) tune my car a few months ago with HP tuner. He did a great job, but now I've moved to Mobile, AL and brought the car with me. Over the last few weeks the car has started to feel slow. It comes out of the hole strong, then feels slow from 4k-6500 rpm. It just isn't pulling as hard up top. I felt it weakening and put some new bosch iridium plugs in it hoping that would fix it. Car is cammed with LT headers, Spintech exhaust, etc. EGR mod, Intake lid, H Pipe, blah. Made 375 to the tire. on a dynojet after the tune @ 100& duty cycle on the injectors. Like I said, it felt REALLY strong after it was tuned and felt great for the last 2 months, then got weak a few weeks ago. Also, I got a CEL about a O2 sensor heater bank or some BS like that. I reset it with a OBD2 scanner and it hasn't come back, Please Help!!

Thanks

Jason

PS: Frost is the best and by no means would I blame this on him.
Just going from a Virginia winter to an Alabama summer will cause a noticeable loss in power. That being said, if you have an o2 sensor problem it could mess up your fuel trims. Also, the increased IAT's could be causing a little knock retard. There really is no way of knowing without scanning the car. This is one of the reasons it is good to have your own tuning software. Even if you don't know **** about tuning, you can send your tuner some scan logs and let them fix it. Even if you let the best tuner in the world tune your car, they can only tune for the available conditions and make an educated (some more than others) guess about all other conditions you could possibly encounter.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say is Vengence in cumming GA for tuning. Also fix the dam o2!
Old 05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
All I can say is Vengence in cumming GA for tuning. Also fix the dam o2!

6 hr drive = not worth it.. thanks tho
Old 05-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gametech
Just going from a Virginia winter to an Alabama summer will cause a noticeable loss in power. That being said, if you have an o2 sensor problem it could mess up your fuel trims. Also, the increased IAT's could be causing a little knock retard. There really is no way of knowing without scanning the car. This is one of the reasons it is good to have your own tuning software. Even if you don't know **** about tuning, you can send your tuner some scan logs and let them fix it. Even if you let the best tuner in the world tune your car, they can only tune for the available conditions and make an educated (some more than others) guess about all other conditions you could possibly encounter.
when we tuned the car, we tuned a conservative setup, and the climates are actually quite similar. I put new bosch o2's on the car and cleaned the MAF sensor, then replaced the air filter and got away from the oiled K&N. Back to paper filters for me. it is running pretty good now.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99z28power
6 hr drive = not worth it.. thanks tho
why not have them do it then stay for the gathering? see sig below.