Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need efilive help after h/c install

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need efilive help after h/c install

whats up guys, just need some quick help, i just got done installing my etp 215 heads and my 231/235,615/621,111+4 cam, fast 92/92, i really need help getting started on my tune, just need some help on what to do just to get the car running ok enough to get the car home from the shop, i mean not running to rich or lean enough to damage the car, i also installed lucas 42lbs injectors, any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have the shop tune it if they can but if not,
you will need to log and make frequent changes to the tune if you
are going to drive a long distance home.
running overly rich/lean can do damage.
a roadrunner comes in handy here.
log fuel pressure to get your injectors right
then do the open loop thing for fueling, this will take a few short logs to get you
started so you don`t run too rich/lean in open loop.
then go from there.
look here for some good starter info.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7867
Old 05-24-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

The first thing I would do is rescale the injector table for those injectors if you haven't already. Then get your IAC counts down to around 50 at idle by adding air with the throttle stop screw (be sure to reset the TPS after each adjustment). Most likely you will need to make the hole in the butterfly slightly larger as you will run out of adjustment on the TPS sensor. Hopefully at this point it idles and you have a wideband hooked up. Flash in an open loop tune and unplug the MAF. Log with your wideband and rescale the lower portion of the VE table to get your AFR in the ballpark. RAFPN should be next to get desired airflow inline then you can drive it and start tuning.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Which WB02 are you using? I have never had to drill a throttlebody.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Doc
Which WB02 are you using? I have never had to drill a throttlebody.
There are two ways to achieve more air at idle while keeping IAC steps down. Crack the TB. Or open up the TB hole.. I personally prefer to open up the hole as this will have no effect on the TPS sensor. Then again cracking the TB has merit too as you can always revert back.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ran out of adjustment on my TB sensor and had to make the hole bigger or attempt to modify the sensor. Right now I have a comination of adjusted stop screw and enlarged hole. So the hole is not too big, and I can still fine tune it with the stop screw. To the OP: Another issue with adding airflow is the IAC effective area table. I'm still learning about all of this but from what I have read and experienced, you need to move the table to the right to compensate for the added airflow at idle. Otherwise you will get the infamous "hanging idle", which can also be caused by the throttle cracker, or desired airflow, but the IAC effective area table is also a reason this happens. Someone please correct/clarify if I'm wrong.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You are probably right about the IAC effective area.. The problem is, how do you make educated changes to it? I've always just dialed in Desired Airflow with the RAFIG process to zero the idle trims. This removes most idle hanging issues. Cracker settings can be adjusted too for the individual. But I haven't had to mess with them to much in the past. Throttle Follower on the other hand generally needs some attention when large duration cams are fitted, but desired airflow is the most important table to get right. If its not dialled in you will chase your tale all day long.