PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can Someone Please Post The Average Numbers For...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can Someone Please Post The Average Numbers For...

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST THE AVERAGE NUMBERS FOR...:
AFR at WOT:
AFT cruising:
1st fan Temp:
2nd fan Temp:
Timing:
To work with the AFR do i have to turn off the MAF??? OR something like that, i have read something like that.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:26 PM
FormerVendor

For the AFR, it depends on the engine and the setup (NA or FI).

Cruise AFR should be the closed loop target, which is 14.7 for gasoline
Old 06-12-2008, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Default .

the car is normally aspired
Old 06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Banned

Why don't you go to HPTuners bin repository and download a few to look at.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Launching!

How do those of us without HP tuners go about viewing files.....I need to view some as well but do not have a password to log on. I would also like to send someone my files for review to determine if I have any major problems that may help my vehicle but my file is in .jcl format.....however I may be able to save as a .cal but have not tried that yet.

Where can I find some .bin files for viewing??

thanks
Old 06-13-2008, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Every engine is different, but in our experience most naturally aspirated LSx motors make the best power while keeping spark knock in check at around 12.5-13.0 AFR (EQ Ratio 1.176 - 1.131). To know for sure you need to put the car on the dyno and try some different AFRs, and you also need to verify the actual tailpipe AFR versus commanded AFR). And keep in mind that some engines want a different AFR at a different RPM to make the best torque and HP numbers.

For the fan temps, it depends on what your strategy is. If you're trying to keep the engine as cool as possible, then having the ON temp within 5-8 degrees of the temperature at which the thermostat *opens* (not necessarily its rating) is reasonable, and having the OFF temp 3 degrees cooler then that.

Timing curves can vary wildly depending on the engine, its setup, fuel grade used, elevation, WOT AFR, etc. Generally speaking, at WOT you want to run as little timing as possible, to make the highest amount of power measured at the wheels, with 0-1* spark knock. You need a dyno for this. In the absence of a dyno, you can just tune for 0-1* spark knock, but you won't know if this curve is making the most power.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Default ok

but i wanted to know, how do you work with the MAF table, when i am suppose to disconnect the MAF or what to do. Because i have read that above some rpm the MAF takes place or i dont know hwat. I will be using efilive since that is the program that have the guy from the dyno
Old 06-13-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Post what car you have, all of the engine related mods. This will help guide you in what & how to tune your car.