PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I swap PCM's in an 05 GTO by Disabling VATS w. EFIlive?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can I swap PCM's in an 05 GTO by Disabling VATS w. EFIlive?

I see that I have a disable VATS option w. efi live, but will that allow me to swap PCM's? Or is there another security feature that is a Tech II thing only?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
I see that I have a disable VATS option w. efi live, but will that allow me to swap PCM's? Or is there another security feature that is a Tech II thing only?
Should not need to disable VATS, why and what are you swapping with?
Old 06-13-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
Should not need to disable VATS, why and what are you swapping with?
Another 05GTO pcm.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will have to disable vats at least. on my 2006 GTO, just reflashing the ecm on the bench with a tech 2 required me to disable vats with efilive to allow the vehicle to run. (by applying the vats patch) after the ecm was put back into the vehicle.

once I had access to my laptop, with TIS2000 and a tech 2, I was able to do the ECM-BCM and PIM module relearn procedures, and not need to have vats bypassed. This must all be done in "passthrough" with a tech 2 to allow it to work correctly.

I am unsure if you will have any other security issues, but I do not believe you will. Since I was getting all of the error warnings on the IC, but the vehicle still ran with the vats patch applied.

Ryan
Old 06-13-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow
you will have to disable vats at least. on my 2006 GTO, just reflashing the ecm on the bench with a tech 2 required me to disable vats with efilive to allow the vehicle to run. (by applying the vats patch) after the ecm was put back into the vehicle.

once I had access to my laptop, with TIS2000 and a tech 2, I was able to do the ECM-BCM and PIM module relearn procedures, and not need to have vats bypassed. This must all be done in "passthrough" with a tech 2 to allow it to work correctly.

I am unsure if you will have any other security issues, but I do not believe you will. Since I was getting all of the error warnings on the IC, but the vehicle still ran with the vats patch applied.

Ryan
good information, thank you.

Quick Reply: Can I swap PCM's in an 05 GTO by Disabling VATS w. EFIlive?