PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First scan with HPT, lots of questions.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 AM
I need a gauge for that

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default First scan with HPT, lots of questions.

First off, this is cool as hell!

Secondly, just got my software installed yesterday but had to go to work so I made a log on the way there just to see whats up.

- To start off, I have a wait4me tune...yea yea yea, all jokes aside it has been good for me until now. I downloaded a stock tune from the bin repository, but when I flashed it to the vcm to play with as a blank slate the truck wouldn't start. After some reading, do I need to do a VATS relearn? The security light has been on, even after flashing back to my inital programming (which works fine). What about the VIN? Do I need to change the downloaded one to mine, or is that a non-issue?

- If you look at my attached log, you'll see as soon as I start moving my O2 sensors are going crazy. I have seen others' logs and theirs are much smoother... I had my rears deleted by Jesse since I have headers and no cats, and in any case they arent attached...whats up?

- At idle and decel, should the TPS be at 7-9 or 0?

- Is there anyway to easily list the maximum, minimum, and average values for the charted objects?

- How does it look overall? Anything glaringly wrong or out of place? Im 24 hours deep in this and having a great time, but I dont yet fully comprehend the big picture of what I'm looking at, but I'm getting there!

Vehicle:
2004 chevy 5.3 LM7
Pacesetter longtubes ORY
Magnaflow muffler, 3" pipe
S&B intake
LS1 fans

thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
drive to work.hpl (375.4 KB, 57 views)
Old 06-20-2008, 09:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm no expert but i think i can answer a few of your questions.
First off, I would go to HPTuners.com and read their stickies and just start reading stuff over there. That is how I have learned evything I know about tuning.
-Your O2's look fine to me. Thats how mine look when cruising around.
-Your TPS should be at zero when you aren't touching the accelerator not 7-9%
-You can display the average[A], last[L], and count[C] on the charted values on the VCM Scanner
-Overall, it doesn't look too bad. You are getting a little bit of knock, and you fuel trims needs a little bit of tuning but both are easy to tune.
Good luck!

Search this Thread