PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wideband too close to exit of exhaust cause skewed readings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wideband too close to exit of exhaust cause skewed readings?

I just got my car running again and I have not had a chance to get the extension with the bullets in them back on the collectors, so i'm running it with open headers and have my wideband where the narrowband would normally go in the collector, my question is, is that too close to the exit that it would cause it to show lean all the time? I tried takin her out for a drive to tune her (haven't changed too many things, just intake and throttle body setup and added some compression to the motor) and the wideband never came off 15.75, so I added 10% fuel to the entire ve table (i'm running a speed density tune since I no longer have a maf) and it didn't change a thing, and I don't see why the ve would be this far off from before and wondering if it's just getting inaccurate readings from the wideband from the outside air? What you guys think? Thanks for any help!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:53 PM
FormerVendor

Most defenetily, the wideband is seeing the free air and will absolutely show lean
Old 06-19-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
Most defenetily, the wideband is seeing the free air and will absolutely show lean
Thanks man, i figured as much, just to test it out, I just added another 20% on top of the 10% I added to the entire ve table dropped it in and took her for a quick spin and as soon as she fired, you could smell how rich she was, hell it was hurting my eyes, but again it never moved off of 15.75 unless I gave it a quick hard rev, for a split second it would move.

Quick Reply: Wideband too close to exit of exhaust cause skewed readings?