Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Newb Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning Newb Questions

I have a 00 Procharged Firehawk w/M6. Currently pullied for 10.5 lbs. of boost at 6200 rpms. I was initially just going to hand the car off to someone to tune it for me, but the terms of the deal are a little too restrictive for the amount of money I'm paying. So I wanted to see if this is something I could learn on my own. I'm interested in switching over to a Speed density tune but don't know a whole lot about it. I currently have LS1Edit but realize there are far better products on the market right now for a Supercharged car. I really don't want to get into a whole EFIL VS. HPT thread, but if someone has used both and thinks one is better geared for myself that would be great. if one is better suited for boosted cars that would be good to know. Also I'm looking for a product that I can get the tune right and forget about it. I don't want to constantly be tweaking the tune. I want a safe tune that maximizes my output without chasing that last 1-2% of power that's going to have me worried about changes in weather, air tempts, etc.

Also I'm reading that you can upgrade the OS now. But so far what I've read hasn't been super clear of what all is involved in that.

Thanks for your help,
Mike
Old 07-09-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not used both, I use EFIlive. I have thus far using EFIlive converted my car from 98 to 02 compter, installed a custom operating system, SD tuned my car with a turbo running at 11PSI switched to a 416 D1 Procharged, all using the tutorials on the website and the EFIlive forum..... notably TAQuickness,Joecar,Redhardsupra and especially SSpdDmon....these guys have answered every post I have posted there is enough info over there to learn it all. Yes Blacky you may send me my free license now....LMAO