Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stuck

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck

ok,for about a month and a half my service engine light has been on...ran the codes and it was sayin that both banks were lean, and one of the cylinders is lean out...i figured intake gasket...(first time put this on didnt torque spec it right so i figured its risen causing it to lean) after replacing those i looked under the car and notice drivers side o2 has swung and hit the header causing it to half way melt...after the intake gaskets were replaced and torque speced right...the car rode awesome...got the codes cleared it came right back on again sayin intermediated switching of both o2,mis-firing, and theres a shorted out wire somewhere...im thinkin o2 drivers side...i called GM asking for the wiring harness that goes down to the o2 connector and they called three different outlets nobody had it....i cut the wires on both sides of the connector and just used butt connectors for now....SES is still on cant anybody tell me somethin...is there somethin else i should look at cuz im lost
thanks
Old 07-12-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

uh... get your wires / wiring harness stuff replaced, get new 02 sensors. uh.. zip ties, and fix it all so it doesn't touch the headers again
Old 07-12-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check the Eng Sens fuse in the fuse box under the hood. If you shorted the O2 power wire to ground the fuse is probably blown.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Teching In

checked all fuses and there fine...i guess ill have to find the wiring harness and o2 and see if that fixes things...thanks guys