Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some wideband help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Need some wideband help

Kinda new to the tuning game. Plan on picking up HP Tuners pro here in a few weeks and need some help figuring out what wideband to go with. I want one that is gonna be in it at all times that will last pretty good. I read the stickys but didn't see anything about it. I was looking at this setup:
http://marylandspeed.com/innovate-mo...02-p-1129.html

Is that a good starting point or is there any better? I don't want to go much past 400$ if I don't have to.

Thanks
Old 08-05-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, that would work perfect, it's basically an LC1 with a gauge, LC1's work great but are a paint to get setup and working good. I use one, so don't think i'm saying don't use it, I just wish innovate could have made it a little more user friendly.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC, you can set it up as a custom input on HPTuners, so the data is synched. I am pretty sure I read about it on here, or you could go to the HPTuners forum and ask.
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/index.php
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes you can and the Innovative has the outlet for the hookup to HP Tuners. I liked this one bc it was cheaper and came with the gauge. Was just wondering what the life of this is when it is permanantly mounted in the flowmaster merge in my y pipe.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The life is for the O2 sensor only. IIRC, the Bosch sensor has be problematic. Some report long life, others do not. I have seen some sites offering an upgrade to the preferred sensor (can't remember the brand) for around $50.