Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEM working on stand alone EMS for LSX based engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 09:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default AEM working on stand alone EMS for LSX based engines

I am thinking about building up a turbo Mustang and they just released their system for late Fox-bods and early SN95's and are currently working on a system for new edge mustangs as well. Out of curiousity I visited the AEM forum to find out if they were working on a stand alone EMS for LS1/LS6 engines.

This was the response I got from them.

"We just found a source for the PCB connectors. As soon as we get a few samples in, we can start making some progress on this one. We already have an LS1 motor in-house running with the EMS. It's just a matter of getting the production process going. We're probably still several months from having initial production hardware though but we are working on it . "

I consider it good news, more competition and after surfing a few mustang forums the turbo guys seem to be really happy with the system and are amazed with its features. Even the ones who have played with the Accel and F.A.S.T systems.

You don't have to take my word for it, just start searching...........

Anyways just thought I'd give a heads up.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: AEM working on stand alone EMS for LSX based engines

Is it a real alone or a piggy-back set-up?
Old 09-03-2003, 01:16 AM
11 Second Club

Here is the link to their website

http://www.aempower.com/product_ems.asp

From the looks of it it completely replaces the stock ECM.

This is a quote from their website

"Since the EMS is designed to work with your specific car, it can be installed in minutes without the need to modify your vehicle in any way. You literally just unplug your factory ECU and replace it with the EMS. "
Old 09-03-2003, 06:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know a lot of the import guys are running this system and are loving it. Very user friendly with a very good interface and a lot of features. I would say it's gonna give LS1 edit a very good run for their money if not become the standard. The interface is much more friendly than LS1 edit and it should come with just as many features.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:37 AM
11 Second Club

TTT
Old 09-04-2003, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,149 Likes on 747 Posts

bgreen, who is one of the conversion forum moderators is very familiar with AEM and other systems. He has used the AEM Supra system and said it's excellent. He has been telling me that AEM was going to come out with an LS1 system for about four months.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

If it replaces your stock pcm what is going to be the effect on the other items on the bus (abs, bcm, guages, etc.?)

Looks like a nice product!
Old 09-04-2003, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

PSJ

That was a quote from one of their engineers. There are about 3 Engineers from AEM that surf their forum and answer any technical questions the customers might have. I looked through all post for the Mustang system and the only issues were minor problems with aftermarket parts and assistance with tuning.

I also looked for negative responses and it seems that there are/were some bugs in the programming ,a lot of which have been worked out but a few that remain. The lasted revision of the software address them.

What I find saweet is that they keep adding features to their system and the customers can update their software free of charge! I think the new big thing they added was traction control.

They have a list of systems to be released in 03 and the LSX system isn't on there. Wouldn't expect anything until 04 and that all depends on how fast they can get it into production. The only thing I was really looking for was to see if they were working or even thinking about a system for LSX engines and that response was a definite yes.

ChrisB

Thats a good question. I haven't seen anybody posting about using adapters for gauges or the like but will post that question on the forum and see what they respond.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

Chris B

I posted your question and this was the response that I got

We're not far enough along to answer these questions. Our goal with every EMS application is to maintain all ECU controlled vehicle functions. Multiplexed data buses are tough. We've been able to sort out some simple ones on the import stuff though. It just depends on the vehicle.

SA