PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

innovate motorsports widebands any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 04:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default innovate motorsports widebands any good?

Im looking into a wideband system, not nessesaraly to tune my own car, but to be able to monitor everything from within side without using a labtop or a hand held device i have to plug in. I can buy this XD-16 guage and hook it up to all sorts of stuff and whatnot so i can look at everything while im in the car and it looks nice sitting in my dash. My question is, is this a good company? Or should i be looking in another direction with widebands and monitoring sytems?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Ive got an Innovative LC-1 wideband, and I just recently had it up on the dyno and it was very accurate, was very close to the wideband on the actual dyno. So I would recommend them.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

do you just have the LC-1 hooked up to the one guage or do you have that xd-16 guage with one of there "boxes" as well.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Banned

I had an LM-1 and it was the biggest piece of ****.
I might have put 2 hours on it before it failed, wouldn't connect to my laptop for playback. It quit working and the screen would flash back and fourth. I sent it in and they fixed it for free. It came back with a huge scratch on the display.

Second time I got maybe three hours on it before the screen started flashing no sensor power. I sent it back.

Third time I got maybe an hour on it, then the AFR reading would just shoot up to max at random. Could tap it or wiggle the wires and it would blink back and fourth.
They fixed it. I plugged it in to see if it worked and the AFR reading on the screen still flickered a few times.

The Innovate guys on their forum are ********, they swore I was doing something wrong.
It would take forever to get it back, when I called about it some smartass with an atittude problem said they have to send it away because they don't fix them for free if it's a problem I'm causing.
Well they fixed it for free all three times, and I'm sure there would have been a 4th and 5th if I had kept it.

I'm never buying from them again. I paid $350 for that thing and treated it like gold, I even kept the protective film on the display, they removed that.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a problem with my LM-1, but I have only had it for four years.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Asking for opinions on here isn't going to get you very far...you'll see complete opposite ends of the spectrum. I've had an LC-1 w/ XD-16 gauge for a LONG time (4+ years), and never had an issue. You'll find others that can't seem to catch a break, but without knowing exactly how it was installed, we really can't gain any insight as to the quality of the product. The LC-1 in particular requires care in installing it...it is very sensitive to grounding issues. The new LM2 seems like a nice piece, but I need something that is more suited for a permanent install, hence why I stick with the LC-1.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

LC-1 & Xd-16 here it's a great setup! I've had it for a couple years and in a couple of different cars.