Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doug Rippie Motorsports = great people

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Doug Rippie Motorsports = great people

After doing an engine swap (stock for stock) I wanted to get my car tuned. I called up Doug Rippie Motorsports as it's not very far from my place here in the Twin Cities (Minnesota). Doug did a great job and was very helpful when we had a couple mishaps during the tuning. The support he and his staff gave me was really unbelievible. I've never met anyone so willing to help.

Just so I don't get him in trouble with his insurance company, I'm not going to go into any details as to how far he went out of his way to help me. I can tell you this, however, it was by far the most hospitable treatment I've ever been given. I would HIGHLY recommend DRM to anyone in the area!

BTW, I ended up making 323rwhp/332rwtq (uncorrected) in my '00 M6 Z28 with an LS6 intake, free mods, LS7 clutch, aluminum flywheel, Pacesetter LT's and ORY on an 88* day with high humidity. I am really glad I decided to get the tune. Our baseline was 240rwhp due to an extreme lean condition I was unaware of.

Last edited by toneloc60; 09-02-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2nd that, doug's a great person to work with. he picked up 13 rwhp over my mail order tune. i was there when he just finnished camming a new z06 (427) . stock dyno 447 rwhp, then with cam only 511 rwhp. doug know his stuff. a racer in italy flew him (doug) there to tune his car.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was there with toneloc and i could not be leave how well they treated us there. i know when i get to the point of tuning a car i will give him a call.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

Toneloc.......can't believe I missed you around the shop up at Doug's. I hung out there quite a bit in the last 2 years and Doug and his boys are awesome. Old man Rippe will definately go that extra mile for ya, I know he has for me. Randall ain't to shabby either but he hangs out with all those stiffs on the Corvette Forum! Learned alot of good info from Doug too. Traver

Quick Reply: Doug Rippie Motorsports = great people