Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning software question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captainwizbang
Ok, maybe this is a new question for you. I have an FJO wideband sensor. I use it in conjuntion with me Maximizer II. This will allow the MXII to shut down my nitrous if a lean condition occurs. From the WB02 PDF I looked at on EFI's site, it looks like you want me to cut two of the existing wires from the stock sensor and plug them into an efi device along with my FJO sensor.

Is it possible to splice the sensor cables from the FJO so that it feeds data to both my MXII and the EFI system?

What happens to the stock O2? Is is still operational?
No need to cut anything. You can connect the FJO to the V2 interface via the serial ports for dead nutz accurate AFR data acquisition. Both the V2 and V1 interfaces will accept the analog connection from your FJO as well.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Serial/digital AFR from your wideband using EFILive FlashScan V2... as TAQuickness said, it's very accurate.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Ok guys.....I know you all get tired of getting busted with the lathargic question "Which software...." but I need to borrow the thread for a sec.

IYHO....which system do you guys with experience suggest for adding tt to the LS1? Is any single one software favored?

I have very little tuning experience....been reading for days...and am definitely prepared to put up the bills for a 'tuning school' like Precision Motorsports of Florida offers.

Dropping an LS1 in my 36 Chevy and I'm wanting to add tt's instead of the BDS s/c.

I know this thread is nitrous related....but I figured you guys would be happier I do this than add another redundant thread.

Thanks,
Dave G
Old 11-01-2008, 09:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stovebolter
I have very little tuning experience....been reading for days...and am definitely prepared to put up the bills for a 'tuning school' like Precision Motorsports of Florida offers.
Dave, give Bob at the tuning school a ring, he will set you up with a really good package deal of his course & HP Tuners. You WON'T be dissappointed!

-Bill
Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by foff667
Dave, give Bob at the tuning school a ring, he will set you up with a really good package deal of his course & HP Tuners. You WON'T be dissappointed!

-Bill
Sounds like a plan. Since GM Performance cut thier prices on the LSX block....starting to think about a stroker. Decisions decisions.

Dave
Old 11-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by macca_779
Its easy mate.. All you do is wire in a ground switch to Pin 56 on the Red Connector. There is info in the Custom OS install tutorial in EFI LIVE itself. The info is about wiring up Valet Mode but its identical for N20. You really don't want to go HPTuners if your running NOS.. EFI LIVE has so much more scope in OS5 for your application.
Best I can figure the HPT software dosn't have a "Valet Mode". Can anyone confirm this is the case? If so, my mind is made up.... EFI will be my next purchase.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Best I can figure the HPT software dosn't have a "Valet Mode". Can anyone confirm this is the case? If so, my mind is made up.... EFI will be my next purchase.
correct only EFI LIVE has Valet mode in OS5.

Welcome to the family.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ben Diss
...HP Tuners has a better interface.
My advice is to try both packages out in demo mode and decide which interface you like. The EFILive interface is much easier use, search, compare and roll back changes. Not to mention it takes advantage of acceleration when displaying and rotating 3-D graphs. Very smooth like Autocad.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Launching!

I've been doing some price checking one EFI V2 and oddly enough I see a lower price at diesel sites like the one below. Price is $749 rather than $799. What's up with that??

http://www.crankitupdiesel.com/duramaxefilive.html
Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been doing some price checking one EFI V2 and oddly enough I see a lower price at diesel sites like the one below. Price is $749 rather than $799. What's up with that??

http://www.crankitupdiesel.com/duramaxefilive.html
The new retail price for EFILive is $799. His web page must not have been updated yet.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Thanks to all for your input. I have decided on EFI V2 and have made my purchase from Kbracing96. I'm looking forward to playing with my new toy when it shows up. The deciding factor for me was the valet switch that I can use to load my nitrous tables.

HPT needs to add that feature!

Quick Reply: Tuning software question