Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

> A Foreboding Epoch Emanates from the Darkness... Rebirth of this Phoenix Commences!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 04:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
please sell your Trans Am to someone who has taste and will not destroy it with all that 'customizing'
+1
Old 05-01-2009, 05:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
+1
Good know that side by side our cars will both look good, but different

DM
Old 05-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
*** NOTE: I am a member on so many forums, that it is a pain in the ***... or better to say finger tip, lol, to retype my updates in each one, so I try to make it generic enough for a cut and paste so it does not read too funny, but there may at times be forum specific info in it at times

On to the Good stuff...

Well good news guys!

Thanks to GTFORMULA I will be picking up a 99% complete M6 setup this week or next, the only thing I am told that is needed is the pedal assembly and the center console. It is from a 2002 SS Camaro with less that 50K miles IIRC.

I am also picking up a front bumper cap. As you guys will find out a long the way, I like CUSTOM, lol... The nose is a rare piece called a TFT forced Induction bumper, I also seen it called an Evolution E-1 bumper. Thanks 69TA!!! Below is a pic Hey bud, i dont mean to be a dick. but it is called a E-1 not a TFT. if you want i can give you the number of the guy that made it, his name is christian. he is from texas. and his compnay is Firebird Evolution.

I have talked with FSTLS1TA regarding the M6 swap and he seems more than willing to help me out since he has done these swaps, but does anyone know if there is a write up on this with Pretty Pictures and all , lol? I will do a search again, but I did not see one...

As for the progress of the Rebirth, I will try to keep everything here. Feel free to follow along and ask questions, give advice or voice your thoughts and opinions

My new bumper that is on it way... It does not include the lights... I am into Xtreeeem Customizing, but I don't think I would do those lights :p

*** NOTE*** This is NOT my car, just a pic showing you the bumper I am buying!!! Sorry for any confusion...

DM
^^^^^ look up in the quote ofr the bold stuff
Old 05-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Banned

Hey bud, i dont mean to be a dick. but it is called a E-1 not a TFT. if you want i can give you the number of the guy that made it, his name is christian. he is from texas. and his compnay is Firebird Evolution.

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
^^^^^ look up in the quote ofr the bold stuff

I am assuming that you are referring to this, lol; it took a a sec to see it.

Well I bought the bumper from 69TA and he called it a TFT Forced Induction bumper, then in another thread I found, a member called it the E-1 Evolution. I am just going by what I read

Does your friend have a website? As for his phone, sure PM it to me

Thanks man!

DM
Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

" I fell for you.

DM[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far, but I do have that effect on people..
Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by Brad Hutchcraft
" I fell for you.

DM
I wouldn't go that far, but I do have that effect on people.. [/QUOTE]

Now don't go breaking my cold dead heart, lol.

DM
Old 05-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Teching In

sorry dude, not tryin to be a dick. i know to each his own and in the end its whatever you like, but i found a spoiler for you thanks to NoTractionLS1:

some times being different can be good, but this is to much for my liking
Old 05-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned

No... I think I will pass on that as well, lol... Just because I like modding, does not mean that I will through just anything at the car. Take those lights on the black bird and the covert bird from page one, I just don't like it, but hey, someone does. They don't look bad enough to bust the owners ***** over, but they are still not my cup-o-tea.

BTW, is that the nasty West Wings wing? Looks like a wing on a wing, lol.

DM
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep it going man, lets see some pics, it doesnt matter what you do to it, the fact that your trying to revive that one is respectable enough in my book.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

look man lotts the same cares driving around these days...you do what makes you happy..its your ride and you need to be happy with it...lotta people clone formula's into ram air ta's...and other people repaint their cars as clones...point of the matter..if nobody dared to be different then we wouldnt have any damn custom peices for our cars..its nice to see somebody step up to the plate and dare to be different and the only thing i ask is that you pick a kick *** color and make gobbs of power...maby a TT 414?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by metalmechanic
Keep it going man, lets see some pics, it doesnt matter what you do to it, the fact that your trying to revive that one is respectable enough in my book.
Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
look man lotts the same cares driving around these days...you do what makes you happy..its your ride and you need to be happy with it...lotta people clone formula's into ram air ta's...and other people repaint their cars as clones...point of the matter..if nobody dared to be different then we wouldnt have any damn custom peices for our cars..its nice to see somebody step up to the plate and dare to be different and the only thing i ask is that you pick a kick *** color and make gobbs of power...maby a TT 414?

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! I am always outside the box when it comes to what people like, lol. I am who will give two ***** about whether or not my choices makes someone happy, lol.

All is still moving forward, but slow since I am in school full time and have only the Bird for a DD right now. I should be ripping into her in the next week or so though.

As for the engine and paint, I am having my boy look into what it will take for him to build me a TT setup, and for the paint, I am messing around with a few ideas:

1) I really want to **** around with the CHROME paint; something on the lines of a BLACK CHROME with an underlying tribal in CHROME RED. I design tribal tatts, so it would be a one off custom.

2) I have always liked the matted black or satin black so I may run with that, who knows.

I also one of my best friends working on a custom hinge that will allow me to open the doors in a suicide lambo position. He has developed his own line of lambo hinges that are on the market right on, so he knows what he's doing. It may be a bit down the road since he is working on expanding the line to other car, but soon I hope. The pic below will give you an Idea of what I am talking about.

Once I get started I will post pics and updates.

DM
Old 06-17-2009, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry... just don't see it.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Adam2001WS6

Sorry... just don't see it.
Sorry you have no imagination

DM
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

hey man i applaude you for your work ..and being different...but if you put goddamn doors like that on your bird i should like to personally pimp slap you for it...JMO
Old 06-17-2009, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

Devil's Mentor,

From a previous 3000 GT owner, it's your ride, your $$$. Carry on dude!!! This is a very opinionated site. Lots of **** gets stirred up around here for nothing. Props for having an imagination and putting it to use.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
hey man i applaude you for your work ..and being different...but if you put goddamn doors like that on your bird i should like to personally pimp slap you for it...JMO
Come on... I'm in Jacksonville, Fl. bro. After were done each other, I say we go check out some sweet grab a cold and talk about how sweet my ride will look with suicide lambos

DM
Old 06-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Texnmissouri69
Devil's Mentor,

From a previous 3000 GT owner, it's your ride, your $$$. Carry on dude!!! This is a very opinionated site. Lots of **** gets stirred up around here for nothing. Props for having an imagination and putting it to use.
Yeah bro, I am missing the VR4, but it is soooo much cheaper getting to 700WHP with a Bird, lol, though the AWD will deff be missed a great deal.

Thanks for the words man! Not too many people seem to understand the meaning of customizing anymore. What is so custom about having a car that looks like the guys down the street. I have always likes radical, over the top ****!

DM
Old 06-18-2009, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I can appreciate any car that gets restored, even though i like american,sports,muscle cars mainly. Im covered in oil and beating myself up at work daily. I am a helicoptor mechanic. The last thing i want to do when im off is restore a car. So my Hawk looks so plain Jane, it doesnt even say Firehawk anywhere on it. If i were to get into it though, i would like a 69, f-body.
Attached Thumbnails > A Foreboding Epoch Emanates from the Darkness... Rebirth of this Phoenix Commences!-1362791043.jpg  
Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by metalmechanic
I can appreciate any car that gets restored, even though i like american,sports,muscle cars mainly. Im covered in oil and beating myself up at work daily. I am a helicoptor mechanic. The last thing i want to do when im off is restore a car. So my Hawk looks so plain Jane, it doesnt even say Firehawk anywhere on it. If i were to get into it though, i would like a 69, f-body.
I was undecided in getting the 98 Trans Am Vert or a 69 Firebird Vert. Both needed work, but more so the 69. However, that 69 was CLEAN. I wish I still had the pics, but it hurt to look at them ,lol, but I do love my 98 Bird.

DM
Old 06-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

Hmm I can see where your going with it, but I definitely would not **** with the lines of the car. And be careful on your decision with the paint job. Black is a ++++ though.
But the doors...careeefuuull....this isn't a celica.

Quick Reply: > A Foreboding Epoch Emanates from the Darkness... Rebirth of this Phoenix Commences!