Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

> A Foreboding Epoch Emanates from the Darkness... Rebirth of this Phoenix Commences!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 04:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you ever been to a car show where you see a 1st gen Camaro that somebody put a 4X4 chassis on, or a corvette that somebody did one of those crappy 70s fiberglass conversions on? Then you say to yourself that would be such a nice car if they didnt do that and it would be worth alot of money now, but instead you cant pay someone to take it. Thats waht you are turning your bird into, do a hood and some SUBTLE cahnges and enjoy how nice the car is on its own.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LCplmarine98
Have you ever been to a car show where you see a 1st gen Camaro that somebody put a 4X4 chassis on, or a corvette that somebody did one of those crappy 70s fiberglass conversions on? Then you say to yourself that would be such a nice car if they didnt do that and it would be worth alot of money now, but instead you cant pay someone to take it. Thats waht you are turning your bird into, do a hood and some SUBTLE cahnges and enjoy how nice the car is on its own.
Your missing the point to customizing my friend. None of those people created what they thought someone else would enjoy; they produced what THEY enjoyed

everything we do to these cars is so impractical and pointless for must of us here. we are not on any pro touring team, or a label boy for some major performance co., we just do it for fun. I just happen to like to take it a bit further if and when I can

DM
Old 06-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sparks Fails
Hmm I can see where your going with it, but I definitely would not **** with the lines of the car. And be careful on your decision with the paint job. Black is a ++++ though.
But the doors...careeefuuull....this isn't a celica.
I don't follow you on the body lines comment? What do you mean? I am only adding a VFN hood and a E-1 evolution bumper. then again the VFN hood does change the heel out of the lines in the hoof, lol

As for the black, thankfully the body is in pretty good shape; so weird dents in the QP have me worried a little, but I hope my boy can get them buffed out, lol.

Well the doors can't be heavier than the 3000GT doors, lol, but well will see.

DM
Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any new pics?
Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Banned

Sorry no; been dealing with school work as well as the screw up they made on my Fin-Aid for Fall

The newest development, though not much, lol, is that I got a new dash pad as well as a new headliner thingy, the part right above the windshield. I have a vert so you can't really call it a headliner, lol.

I will be getting some Go-Fast stuff as well. Looking at picking up a FAST and some AFR or ETPs. But that about it for now.

Thanks for keeping in touch

DM
Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is it drivable at the moment or do you have it in pices, eses? just curious
Old 06-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by metalmechanic
is it drivable at the moment or do you have it in pices, eses? just curious
I have been driving it around with only 2 gears on the A4 for the past 2 or 3 months (since I got it). Going through a tank of gas like a French ***** goes Johns on payday, lol; always @ 4K+

I need to get the M6 swap done

DM
Old 06-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Well might have some bad news... Today on my way to school, I noticed a whining noise...... Yep sound like my rear is going

Well looks like the AFR will not be in my future as I had hoped, but I will still be grabbing the FAST.

I guess I can look at this as a FORCED UPGRADE since I am being told that the 10 bold will not last for more than a month or two once I get the M6 in. Now I need to find a local here in Florida that has a 12 bolt or 9'' for a good price, but I am sure Christ will come before that will ever happen

BTW - How do you guys think the car would perform with the M6 and the 2.73 rear, lol, I can't believe that GM put a 2.73 in this ******* car

DM
Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

DM... i have the Evolution rear wing in my basement.....never had it installed or painted. do you want it?

heres some pics..scoll to bottom of page

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/574623/6

-brandon
Old 06-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
DM... i have the Evolution rear wing in my basement.....never had it installed or painted. do you want it?

heres some pics..scoll to bottom of page

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/574623/6

-brandon
2 question's bro: 1) will it work on a convertible and 2) do you have pic of it installed on the car? I can't tell what I am looking at, lol.

DM
Old 06-29-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! I am always outside the box when it comes to what people like, lol. I am who will give two ***** about whether or not my choices makes someone happy, lol.

All is still moving forward, but slow since I am in school full time and have only the Bird for a DD right now. I should be ripping into her in the next week or so though.

As for the engine and paint, I am having my boy look into what it will take for him to build me a TT setup, and for the paint, I am messing around with a few ideas:

1) I really want to **** around with the CHROME paint; something on the lines of a BLACK CHROME with an underlying tribal in CHROME RED. I design tribal tatts, so it would be a one off custom.

2) I have always liked the matted black or satin black so I may run with that, who knows.

I also one of my best friends working on a custom hinge that will allow me to open the doors in a suicide lambo position. He has developed his own line of lambo hinges that are on the market right on, so he knows what he's doing. It may be a bit down the road since he is working on expanding the line to other car, but soon I hope. The pic below will give you an Idea of what I am talking about.

Once I get started I will post pics and updates.

DM
suicide lambo doors?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
suicide lambo doors?
Ohhh look you have a pic of (insert -1 of a hundred possible names - here) in your sig... Oh wait that your Trans Am... Sorry I could not tell it apart from all the other 123,305,98,56,87,84,39,384 1995 Black TA A4 LT1... Yeah like your taunting matters

DM
Old 06-29-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not sure about what rear ends work here, seems like there would be a few to use temporarly till you really start getting this car where u want it. dont listen to all of the haters, there just some silly little rich mommas boys whod had there ride given to them as a graduation gift. u know who you are///// i might be wrong but i heard that a s-10 rear end would work,,, or that they suck like an s-10

Last edited by metalmechanic; 06-30-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

ugh, no version of a lambo door should go on a transam
Old 07-06-2009, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

nah i dont think itll work on a vert, it looks like the mecham wing alittle
Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
nah i dont think itll work on a vert, it looks like the mecham wing alittle
Damn that sucks!!! Well thanks for the offer anyways

DM
Old 09-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Banned

Sorry for the lack of updates here, but with school kicking my *** more and more each semester, the rebuild of the bird has suffered. Believe me it sucks!!! I hate driving around in 2nd gear everywhere I go, lol...effff....

Anyways a little update...

Per Eric at MWC, I should be getting my Fab 9" tomorrow. SWEET!!! Once I get that in then I can get the ball rolling on swapping the blown A4 to the M6.

Well that is it for now.

DM

Quick Reply: > A Foreboding Epoch Emanates from the Darkness... Rebirth of this Phoenix Commences!