Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Looking to buy a WS6 need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a WS6 need advice

Hi guys,

I am a new member to this forum, so first id like to say Hello and i look foreward to chatting with all of you. Now to the important stuff, I am looking to buy a 1998-2002 WS6. This would be my first American car as well as a V8, I come from a long line of VW's (keep the flaming to a min ). So basically my questions are, are there any few things I should pay special attention to when looking at a potential car? common problems? Also what are the differences between the different models? and special editions of the WS6?

Thank you,
Igor
Old 05-09-2009, 05:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 510 Likes on 368 Posts

Make the effort. The topic has been discussed often and there is some really good information posted over the years.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

heres a couple of things to look at.

1 check the door panels for cracks. these are expensive if they have to be replaced. very common on these cars.

2 check the headlights, make sure they go up and down with no problems also take note if they make any bad noise. this is a typical problem on these cars.

these were the first two things that i thought of. i am sure that theres others. hopefully somebody else will chime in as well. hope this helps
Old 05-09-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check for leaks.....make sure to turn on the lights, turn signals, wipers, air, heat, and brake lights.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Smile

thanks guys, keep the info coming! as for searching, i got impatient after my 15th page with out any pertinent info to what i was looking for.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Be sure to raise and lower the windows and make sure they go smooth. Window motor problems are common with these cars and GM in general. And they are a bitch to change.

Check the drivers side door sticker to be sure the WS6 code is there. If not, it's a clone. If no door sticker at all, don't listen to anything more they say.

In general, the more the car has been modified the more likely it has been raced. Try to find a mostly stock one if you don't know much about the history of the car. Or if you want a car that has everything already done to it, that's cool, just try to find out who owned it. If they are a car nut they should be happy to talk about it.

Read the Stickys at the top of each page on this site. You will learn more than trying to do a search. At least read JRP's FAQ below.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...questions.html

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a WS6 need advice