Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Secondary Ram Air Setup??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secondary Ram Air Setup??

Hey guys, I believe everyone can learn from their elders. In this case, I believe we can learn something from the vettes. There's a mod for the c5 that includes taking the front liscense plate, cutting a hole in it, and cutting into the bumper behind it. You then put a metal screen behind the hole in the liscense plate. The air then goes through this hole, straight up to your cold air intake. (without going into rain and hydrolock nonsense, yes you buy a second liscense plate for this so you can put the original on in the rain). ANYWAY, is it possible, that this can be done for our cars? where air would go through the liscense plate, to the rad shroud, and up to the air lid? kinda like the slp tunnel thing they have but this is more of like a secondary ram air system. Any thoughts? Here's a pic of what it would look like.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/nbrinkw2/B...ges/blwnta.jpg
Old 05-23-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it'd probably work on a 98-up but on a 94-97 you'd be better off pulling out the fog light on the drivers side....but either way i'm not sure it'll make a measurable difference....